Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got Very Sick on My First Aruba Trip

coronacathy

Got Very Sick on My First Aruba Trip

After all those months of planning & anticipating I spent 5 out of 7 days in bed. Went to the emergency room upon our arrival home & spent 2 days in the hospital. Pneumonia, bronchitis, dehydration and ear infections. I spent alot of time crying and feeling sorry for myself.
    We did love our choice of staying at the Tam. We were in 1900 bldg. Very close to the Bunker Bar and a beautiful stretch of beach. Glad we had another couple with us so my husband wasn't on his own. They rented Harleys and took a tour of the island. I did manage to do the Kukoo bus before I got sick. We had a blast. My husband rented a jeep and went to the Natural Pool, I was sick in bed that day. He came back all messed up. He was on a rock and a wave hit him & he fell. Ripped the skin off his leg, arm & foot! We were quite a pair that evening.
    We all decided Aruba was the most beautiful place any of us had ever been. We are hooked and hope to return. My husband said next Feb. but I can't wait that long..I missed so much. I think I might be able to talk him into Sept!

Aruba since 1979

Exclamation

OH NO
    What a terrible outcome/vacation.
    I am sorry for your troubles and I cannot imagine being so disappointed and upset ON TOP OF being SO SICK.
    What a double whammy.

Please go back to Aruba...........soon.

Did you have any kind of trip cancellation/interruption/emergency medical coverage?

Again, speaking on behalf of paul and i and probably everyone in this forum, welcome home, sorry for your situation, get well and go back TO ARUBA.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by coronacathy View Post
    After all those months of planning & anticipating I spent 5 out of 7 days in bed. Went to the emergency room upon our arrival home & spent 2 days in the hospital. Pneumonia, bronchitis, dehydration and ear infections. I spent alot of time crying and feeling sorry for myself.
    We did love our choice of staying at the Tam. We were in 1900 bldg. Very close to the Bunker Bar and a beautiful stretch of beach. Glad we had another couple with us so my husband wasn't on his own. They rented Harleys and took a tour of the island. I did manage to do the Kukoo bus before I got sick. We had a blast. My husband rented a jeep and went to the Natural Pool, I was sick in bed that day. He came back all messed up. He was on a rock and a wave hit him & he fell. Ripped the skin off his leg, arm & foot! We were quite a pair that evening.
    We all decided Aruba was the most beautiful place any of us had ever been. We are hooked and hope to return. My husband said next Feb. but I can't wait that long..I missed so much. I think I might be able to talk him into Sept!

I wrote you personally and will say again, how very sorry I am that you had to suffer though a vacation in paradise.

September in Aruba is one of our favorite months. HOT, just the way we like it, and very very quiet since all the kids are back in school. Well...except that one week every September when our kiddo is out.

We are sooo sorry to hear that you were so sick while on your first trip to Aruba. We absolutely love the Tam. Hope your husband is doing better also.
    Michelle & Mike

coronacathy
    Thanks for all your kind words. We will return to Aruba & I will just have to have double fun!!

Good grief - you were ill with four things! How awful.

Thing is, if you live long enough, and go on enough vacations, you're bound to be ill on one of them. Now your turn is over and the rest can be smooth sailing. (That's my rule and I'm holding you to it.)

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    OMG...I am so sorry to "hear" about the troubles you had. My thoughts are with you. I hope you were able to get home in one piece. Thank goodness your husband had some company.
    You just MUST go back !

Wow ,what a way to spend a vacation in Aruba,hope you and your husband are better,and most of all BOOK ANOTHER TPIP TO Aruba........

So sorry that you spent the bulk of your vacation in bed, that is awful. I hope that your return trip is a HEALTHY one!

Wow that sux hope your feeling ok now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast