Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Great Experience with Aruba Animal Shelter

Great Experience with Aruba Animal Shelter

I just wanted to let everyone know about the great staff and volunteers at the Aruba Animal Shelter. Here's our story--We visited Aruba in November 2014. We've been to Aruba many times and love it!! On our first trip to Baby Beach we noticed some wild donkeys hanging around on our way out there. We decided that we'd take some carrots on our second trip to Baby Beach so that we could stop and feed the donkeys if they were still in that area. They were, and when we stopped to feed the donkeys, we noticed a kitten hiding in the underbrush. He wasn't afraid of us so of course we went ahead and picked him up! (We have three cats back at home.) That's when we noticed that the kitten had a couple of cactus needles imbedded in his little face. He had really dirty ears too and maybe a few fleas. We piled him into the car and drove to the Animal Shelter. We knew where it was because we had visited there on previous trips to help them out by buying some t-shirts, mugs, etc. I believe they only have one paid employee and the rest are volunteers. The staff was great. They removed the cactus needles right away and said they'd clean him up and get him ready to be adopted. We really had planned to just leave the little guy in their capable hands and continue on with our vacation. Well, it didn't end up that way--we decided to adopt Ruban and bring him back to the States. The staff at the shelter was great. They gave us all the info we needed about what we had to do to get him set to return with us. They bathed him, cleaned his ears, de-wormed him, and got him a health certificate that we needed to bring him through Customs. I can't say enough about how friendly and helpful they were!! Ruban is now happy and healthy and celebrating Christmas with us in the frozen Midwest!! I highly recommend supporting the Animal Shelter by donating money if you can or purchasing some of their items--or maybe even adopt a dog or cat. They'll help you with the process!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Great Experience with Aruba Animal Shelter-dscn7353.jpg  

Aruba since 1979
    your baby "ruban" is beautiful and you 2 did a wonderful thing!

your adult cat napping with ruban, looks a bit annoyed

Rub an is a very fortunate kitty!!!!

Wonderful story. We have visited the shelter too. A young dog followed me around and put her head on my lap during our visit. Heartwarming and we will visit again this January.

Congrats on being adopted by Ruben
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

The cats and dogs in their Xmas best!

http://arubaanimalshelter.com/merry-christmas-pics

I love the dachshund dressed up like a reindeer. He looks like a model who hates the designer's clothes. LOL

Aruba since 1979
    yes indeed act.......that little dog has a sneer on his face!
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    The cats and dogs in their Xmas best!

http://arubaanimalshelter.com/merry-christmas-pics

I love the dachshund dressed up like a reindeer. He looks like a model who hates the designer's clothes. LOL

Is this org different from the ARF one?

You are a very kind person. I finally found the Donkey Sanctuary this time and wanted to bring them all home! They would freeze in NH! I better not even go near the animal shelter! ; )

Aruba since 1979
    yes different
    but, they all work hand in hand and have a great working relationship
    after all it is all about the animals

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Is this org different from the ARF one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast