Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bosox824

Thread: Great Time at the Ren

Great Time at the Ren

Sitting here now using our timeshare for the first time even though we have stayed here at the hotel before. Actually we are staying in a ground floor unit next to ours because they put us in here on the first night to shift over to our unit the following day. We were offered just to stay in here and not have to move which was very nice. My sister and husband arrived the following day on Friday and low and behold ended up in our unit. Went to El Gouchos for a nice dinner after just lounging around yesterday. Tonight we are going to try Pinchos if brother in law up to it, he is down and out all day with bad back pain. I am sure it is a terrible thing to have back pain but to have it while vacationing is tough. Tonight we will try Pinchos, called and left a message, hopefully they hold a reservation for us. Tomorrow we plan on renting a car for a few days to give them the Island tour. I wonder is we could just hire a driver for the day.

I thought I saw Andrea in the lobby on Thursday when checking in, never have met her but it looked like her from the photos. I am hoping to see the renovated room this week and we have to get out to Ren Island with our my sister and husband before they head back on Tuesday. As always everything here is great and very glad we decided to purchase a ground unit here at the Ren. I just think there is so much to do in the Marketplace with the bands and restaurants close by. Not missing the northeast too bad right now.

Respectfully,

Dave

Aruba since 1979
    hey there dave/bosox man!
    nope not me........boy do i wish it were me.
    currently i am sitting under an umbrella poolside at home (in FLA), dodging rain drops.

i hope that your brother in law is feeling better soon.
    i can recommend that he get a good massage.............there is a massage place NaFanny and she does wonders!
    enjoy your time at the ren and if you can take a few photos or the model room that would be appreciated.

have a great dinner tonight and thanks for sharing your adventure here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosox824 View Post
    Sitting here now using our timeshare for the first time even though we have stayed here at the hotel before. Actually we are staying in a ground floor unit next to ours because they put us in here on the first night to shift over to our unit the following day. We were offered just to stay in here and not have to move which was very nice. My sister and husband arrived the following day on Friday and low and behold ended up in our unit. Went to El Gouchos for a nice dinner after just lounging around yesterday. Tonight we are going to try Pinchos if brother in law up to it, he is down and out all day with bad back pain. I am sure it is a terrible thing to have back pain but to have it while vacationing is tough. Tonight we will try Pinchos, called and left a message, hopefully they hold a reservation for us. Tomorrow we plan on renting a car for a few days to give them the Island tour. I wonder is we could just hire a driver for the day.

I thought I saw Andrea in the lobby on Thursday when checking in, never have met her but it looked like her from the photos. I am hoping to see the renovated room this week and we have to get out to Ren Island with our my sister and husband before they head back on Tuesday. As always everything here is great and very glad we decided to purchase a ground unit here at the Ren. I just think there is so much to do in the Marketplace with the bands and restaurants close by. Not missing the northeast too bad right now.

Respectfully,

Dave

There has been no time to write daily updates but my sister and her husband joined us for four days after thier first trip to Aruba and believe they will be annual visitors. We ate at Pinchos and it was fabulous so planning on returning tonight. Ate at the Carpe Diem nect to Paddocks. Food and ambiance was very nice but it took three hours to have dinner. We did get out to the island for an afternoon and today just planning on taking it easy. Unfortunately there is an issue with hot water here at the Ren and we have been without it now for two days. I was toold it would be repaired yesterday by 11:00 AM, last night by midnight and still none this morning. I know mechanical issues happen all the time places but would love a hot shower and shave. Looking forward to a few more great nights and then back to reality. Wishing everyone on here a great day and if in Aruba have fun.

Dave

Aruba since 1979
    that must have been frustrating..long wait at carpe diem. did they say what the issue was? or is it all part of their dining experience?

how is your brother in law's back? it's good to hear that you expect them to be annual visitors....what's not to love?

re: hot water........would you consider asking if you and your family could go over to the Marina Tower and use one of their hotel rooms to shower? they may say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosox824 View Post
    There has been no time to write daily updates but my sister and her husband joined us for four days after thier first trip to Aruba and believe they will be annual visitors. We ate at Pinchos and it was fabulous so planning on returning tonight. Ate at the Carpe Diem nect to Paddocks. Food and ambiance was very nice but it took three hours to have dinner. We did get out to the island for an afternoon and today just planning on taking it easy. Unfortunately there is an issue with hot water here at the Ren and we have been without it now for two days. I was toold it would be repaired yesterday by 11:00 AM, last night by midnight and still none this morning. I know mechanical issues happen all the time places but would love a hot shower and shave. Looking forward to a few more great nights and then back to reality. Wishing everyone on here a great day and if in Aruba have fun.

Dave
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 12-04-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I am curious also why did it take 3 hours for dinner. Two days without hot water. I agree with Andrea. Get over to the Marina Tower if the issue isn't fixed today. I'm sure they have an vacant room. If not, go to the spa. They have showers.

Well we got the hot water back yesterday shortly after posting and taking a quick colder shower. Had a nice day at the beach and back at the pool relaxing. Getting ready to pack things up and head home. Overall a great trip and one more stop in the office to see if another week 48 unit is available so family can come down and if not rent it out if possible. Now back to the land of snow and sleet and dream for another year. Thanks for everyone's suggestions and have a safe and happy holiday season.

Dave