Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: hate aruba

Aruba since 1979
    darryl just mentioned "speaking a little papiamento"

follow the link for a bunch of key phrases

see how this thread "hate aruba" has taken on a life of its own?
    made lemonade out of someone's lemons.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

Been to Bermuda 5 times and Aruba 23 times. Why more times to Aruba?
    I must say Bermuda is a very pretty island and has many points of interest.
    But found the beach, weather, sun, ocean, food, .... to be much better in Aruba. I guess you may have stayed on Palm Beach and found that to be over populated with people. Just don't stay there.

everywhere and anywhere
    Just a quick each his own.....All Caribbean Islands are expensive since everything has to be shipped in. That being said, the person that started this thread just wanted to ruffle feathers...and did accomplish that.
    However, those of us that love the island can not be swayed by "get over it".

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffnev View Post
    I have been to Bermuda 3 times - once on business, twice on vacation- and I do like the island. It is a nice short flight from the East Coast, but
    1) the restaurants are nowhere as good as Aruba
    2) the weather is only good for the beach 3 months a year
    3) lots of hurricanes
    4) you can't rent a car so getting around is either expensive by cab or dangerous on a moped
    5) the snorkeling is lousy
    I've been going to Bermuda since the late 50's:

1. We know some fantastic restaurants!
    2. Yes, Spring and Fall are the best times for us. Winter is like South Carolina.
    3. "lots" of hurricanes is debatable -- we usually go in May and October -- truly gorgeous weather!
    4. A bus pass is the best way to go! Inexpensive, and you can get anywhere on the island, including by ferry. We've met wonderful Bermudians and visitors on the bus!
    5. not into snorkeling! But DH has had fun!

Just my personal opinions!

our favorite South Shore beach an 8 minute walk from the studio we stay at (note the crowds!!!!!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hate aruba-255.jpg  

Smile Aruba review!

This was my first trip to aruba and the expectations for the trip were really high. Everyone told me it was the best island to go to and that nothing compares to aruba. I have been here for almost 2 weeks and I cant wait to leave. The first thing I noticed when I arrived is that its completely americanized. Also the smell of the island is repulsive!! smells like someone is doing septic removal all day.There isn't much to do but sit at the beach. If you like to be a beach whale then this is a good place to go. The high rise and downtown aren't that exciting theres only a few places to hang out. One of the biggest turn offs for me is that its a DESERT!!!! There isn't anything to look at but cacti and sand. The resort I am staying at is a time share called casa del mar which is obviously the worst place on the island. They are renovating the entire resort as well as the entire island and theres mold everywhere. Even if i stayed at the Hyatt or the RIU i would still think the same about the island. If you are thinking of planning a trip here please reconsider. If you are 50+ then go right ahead. There are so many more places to go in the world that blow aruba out of the water. i was very upset because i had so many high expectations for this island and I feel like Im home but went down to Florida for vacation nothing is island about this place!!!! You can save a lot of money and get the same beach at a better location. DONT GO TO ARUBA EVEN IF YOU JUST LIKE THE BEACH!!!!Go be a beach whale somewhere else!

palm beach, mangel halto for snorkling

Marino, sorry you had such a bad trip. I am going to Aruba this summer for the 23rd time and I have travelled all over the world and I will only go back to Aruba because its the best! I guess the old saying is different strokes for different folks! I have never read such a post that never had even 1 good thing to say about Aruba. Was the people friendly? Was the food GOOD? I know you had to find at least 1 thing that you liked. Please let us know if you ever do find the perfect spot to vacation and maybe I will try it out. Happy Easter! Kent

Marino, I just read a earlier post from you and it said this is the first vacation you have ever taken and was the first time you ever flew. I am just curious how you can state that there are so many other places in the world that blow Aruba away? It doesn't sound like you have been anywhere else in the world so how can you say that? Kent
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 04-24-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: 47th trip in June 2015 and 48th trip in Nov 2015.

Eagle beach
    That's less person to crowd my perfect Aruba beach when I'm being a beached whale

Zeerovers, San Nicolaas, Malmok, Arashi

I am curious as to what expectations you had prior to taking the trip. Other than listening to comments of others, did you do any research regarding Aruba ? Specifically, did you look into weather, things to do, the geography and make up of the island? It would appear to me that you may have gone there with a total lack of knowledge and wrong expectations. I have traveled extensively..New Zealand, Australia, Fiji, Cook Islands, Hawaii, Mexico, Italy, Holland, UK etc etc. Based on my experiences, no two places are alike.

If you travel again, and I question that as you don't sound too adventurous, I strongly urge you to check out the destination ahead of time and go do the things that appeal.

Your vacations ( and Aruba) will only be what you make them

I would simply say I am sorry your vacation has not met your expectations. We have traveled extensively, but we return to aruba for the sun, the predictable weather, the friendly people and the peace we find at the resort we stay at. Next year will be our 4th trip. It sound like you did not do your homework very well before planning your vacation. A little research would have told you it was a desert island, given you the scoop on the different timeshares /resorts and beaches. Trip Advisor is great place to check out a place before you go. We never travel without checking out the hotels, resorts, locations. We also always e mail places we are staying and ask about renovations or other site work so we do not have any surprises . Now we are beach bums, we stay at a quiet couples resort for the romance, we do not venture far, are not looking for adventure or excitement, we love to swim, snorkle, and nice dinners....

Next time do your research and you will have a better vacation.

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Well, it sounds like you must live on South Beach ( Miami ) where all the beautiful people live. I know there is lots of action and night life there. I think you should really enjoy it there and never come back to Aruba.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast