Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DiviDiviFan
  • 1 Post By Pegmeister

Thread: Hello from ARUBA :0)

pool side with my kindle in one hand and a Malibu + pineapple in the other :O)

Talking Hello from ARUBA :0)

Though we’ve had the great fortune to be here a few times, I think this is my first attempt at a trip report. We are super laid back, so for those that are hoping for excitement… I apologize for the snooze fest.
    We arrived Friday at 4pm. We usually fly Delta, but gave Air Tran a try this time – not bad. I adore that incredible moment of landing when all tension fades and the magic of Aruba sets in. Bully sent Hubert to taxi us to La Cabana. Our ride with Hubert was completely delightful. Check in was smooth and quick (much less crowded on Friday than Saturday – we will avoid traveling on Saturday again.)
    After unpacking, we walked along a dirt foot path next to the Tropicana to cross the highway and check out the new Super Food Plaza. We picked up a few things, but not so much that we felt like pack mules on the walk back. Next stop the pool bar for Brown Ladies and our traditional first night pizza. The tree frogs and the breeze were intoxicating.
    Saturday we attended our owner update, after which Bully dropped us off at the Flea Market where we poked around for a bit, then walked over to Lings to do a larger grocery haul.
    There was a lone sweet little tan dog with a limp in the parking lot at Lings :0( I don’t know if I have enough posts to private message Sugar at AARF to see if there is anything they can do? We looked for their booth at the Flea Market but didn’t find them. I will try to send them a facebook message.
    After the taxi back with our loot, the internet was not cooperating so we lounged at the pool (with our traditional Malibu and pineapple) walked out to the beach to take in the sunset.
    Tomorrow we are planning on catching the Packer game at Buster’s Garage (new location since last visit.) We are hoping Rusty has a batch of chili ready.
    Monday we will wander over to the Amsterdam Manor Beach Bar for happy hour.
    I am very excited for Tuesday, as we have booked a snorkel tour with Stuart from ArubaBob.
    Wednesday there is a little wine tasting here at the resort.
    I still need to make reservations for El Goucho (Michael needs to get his meat sweats on.) I am hoping to squeeze in a fondue one evening at Chalet Swisse.
    Thursday, being our last full day, is reserved for absolute relaxation.
    From the balcony (both due to the lovely night noises and the internet signal gets more bars out here than in our room) ta ta for now…
    Last edited by Jen Again; 12-09-2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: strike thru text didn't work
    Countdown to One Happy Island =

Aruba since 1979
    i will direct sugar to this post.
    thanks for your update........enjoy your vacation

pool side with my kindle in one hand and a Malibu + pineapple in the other :O)

Hi Andrea:

Thank you!
    Countdown to One Happy Island =

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Have a great trip Jen! I agree how exciting touch down in Aruba is especially after a long day of travel. We too are laid back and do not do much so my trip report recently was not too exciting compared to others but I think everyone still enjoys all reports relaxing or full of activity so keep them coming please. Have a Mailibu and pineapple for me one of my favorites and probably the one drink I will have on a saturday when I'm missing Aruba. Enjoy!!!

It all sounds good to me. Like you, DH and I tend to be pretty laid back. Some trips we get so comfy we don't leave the resort. When I read the trip reports it reminds me of all the things we have left to do. Thanks for reporting. Enjoy!!