Aruba Beach

Thread: here, occupying Aruba

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

here, occupying Aruba

here...uneventful flight frm Boston to Miami, then Miami to Aruba. I didn't realize how big Miami was as we had connecting flight....thanx to AA for that one...UGH.
    Arrived exausted as we had to leave our home at 2:15 am to get to Boston for a 5:25 am flight. Bully picked us up and it as always is nice to see that familiar happy face !!
    Walked to Hong King or whatever its name is and got the essentials . Ate at the Casa Tua located at the Renn mall. Early to bed as we were both exausted. My back and leg were actiing up from sitting so long on a plane.
    A few things have changed since we were last here...here's my observations..
    Renn island- roofed ( nice but couldn't get up .
    on it as there was no ladder), palm trees were all thinned out so little shade, lots of chairs removed and looks like they were put along the lagoon. It also looks as if the entire complex has been painted and it looks great.
    Downtown...Don Carlos gone, Renn mall has a few new store fronts

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    So6mehow I posted without finishing...
    Rented a car and went to eat at Madame Jeannettes last nite for 6pm. As usual it was outstanding. Rob and I has the lamb, perfect meal. had augrautin potatos and creamed spinach....yum !
    Walked the Horencia mall afterwards and watched the water show to Christmas music. Right behind the water show is a huge swimming pool with sand and beach chairs..new to me. Also walked the newer mall behind it. They had a flo rider thing set up in the parking lot.
    This morning used the car to go to the Hyatt brunch, and all I can say is WOW. Really nice.
    Don't know why we had never done that before. So full from that probably won't eat dinner.
    Checking out Insill air this afternoon for a flight to Curacao tuesday.

Before I forget they had a real nice article of Kent and his parents in Aruba Today on Saturday...if you can check it out !!!!!!!!!!
    Will post when I can, cindyo

Enjoy! Sounds fabulous so far!

Enjoy you vacation,Cindy we dont get Aruba Today anymore.If you can post that article that would be great.
    Thank You
    Danny
    Last edited by DANNYO; 11-13-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Glad you had a good trip down. Sounds like you are quickly re-acclimating to Aruba. We will be enjoying your updates as we arrive at the Renaissance on Friday. How is the wind and the flies? Kent had indicated that the winds died down and the bugs were plentiful. Thanks for your updates!

Dave and Jodie
    See you in Aruba!!!
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for sharing your time with us!
    enjoy:-)

Cindy & Rob,

Have a Wonderful time, How long you there for ? looking forward to reading your reports

Thanks for your reports!! Have a great time.
    Pat

Hi Cindy and Rob,

Glad your having a great time. May be one day we will be in Aruba together again.

Keep those reports coming.

x0x0x
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents