Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Home Again

Bruised and sore in Aruba under the tropical sun is better than bruised and sore at home! Hope you're doing better!

Hope you're feeling better! How was Wacky Wahoo?

Hello everyone just watched the sun go down from the porch , just finished 2 lovely steaks from superfoods On the BBQ.
    fries and Sweetcorn .LUSH ...nothing to do with the RED wine ...had friend around this afternoon ..Maria and her 2 children , she brought pumpkin soup her Mom made..
    so that's lunch to tomorrow taken care of it's nice to have Aruba. Friends well we have know. Her for 11 years Ruth has grown up and is 15 in January she would like to have a party at our house !!!
    , Floras where here putting up the new Wood Gazebo .just the shingles to do In The morning ..
    yes did Wacky Wahooos last night ...Did I pick all the wrong things ...who knows I had bouillabaisse soup nice but very sweet ..
    hubby had seafood salad thing now that was nice ..But huge portion of it ..
    next I had sewers of prawns fish in supposed to be hot sauce on pasta ..not hot ...sweet chilli sauce ......not so good. At all
    Put in a take away box..husband had blackened special fish , Nice ..
    must say after all the Whoooooooossss of Wacky Wahooos not in,pressed at all...
    Oh to a couple of people where complaining....might have been a bad night !!!
    MAy be something to do with being an old UK chief ....Retired....that's me ....
    Plus yes my aching bones after my fall...bit bruised still...my taste buds are fine...
    Thanks to you all I Do not want you all to go to sleep
    I just find this amazing island of Aruba so chilled out , we still have not done much at all , the promises we made this time we will do this this and this ..lazy lazy days of eternal Summer ..listening to Jimmy Hendix Eric Clapton the Who...Enya ..wine I one hand
    oooo hubby just gave me ice cream and fresh pineapple so must go. As the ice cream will melt away......
    http://www.homeaway.com/4118789
    Please visit our Homeaway site.
    Our lovely Aruba home is available for rent.

Enjoy your ice cream and pineapple!! Thanks for sharing your trip.

We went to Wacky Wahoos once and we were not impressed either. We brought another couple with us and none of us were crazy about our dinners- we have had better fish at other restaurants and it's easier to get a reservation too! We went to Bingo's in May for our first time and we really liked our meal there.

Aruba since 1979
    i have always enjoyed my fish at WW but even though they have expanded a bit, i still feel all boxed in and cramped there.

jayshea you are correct about the reservation system.
    sometimes i think i have a better chance of getting into heaven than geting thru on the phone to WW

Quote Originally Posted by glynis View Post
    Hello everyone just watched the sun go down from the porch , just finished 2 lovely steaks from superfoods On the BBQ.
    fries and Sweetcorn .LUSH ...nothing to do with the RED wine ...had friend around this afternoon ..Maria and her 2 children , she brought pumpkin soup her Mom made..
    so that's lunch to tomorrow taken care of it's nice to have Aruba. Friends well we have know. Her for 11 years Ruth has grown up and is 15 in January she would like to have a party at our house !!!
    , Floras where here putting up the new Wood Gazebo .just the shingles to do In The morning ..
    yes did Wacky Wahooos last night ...Did I pick all the wrong things ...who knows I had bouillabaisse soup nice but very sweet ..
    hubby had seafood salad thing now that was nice ..But huge portion of it ..
    next I had sewers of prawns fish in supposed to be hot sauce on pasta ..not hot ...sweet chilli sauce ......not so good. At all
    Put in a take away box..husband had blackened special fish , Nice ..
    must say after all the Whoooooooossss of Wacky Wahooos not in,pressed at all...
    Oh to a couple of people where complaining....might have been a bad night !!!
    MAy be something to do with being an old UK chief ....Retired....that's me ....
    Plus yes my aching bones after my fall...bit bruised still...my taste buds are fine...
    Thanks to you all I Do not want you all to go to sleep
    I just find this amazing island of Aruba so chilled out , we still have not done much at all , the promises we made this time we will do this this and this ..lazy lazy days of eternal Summer ..listening to Jimmy Hendix Eric Clapton the Who...Enya ..wine I one hand
    oooo hubby just gave me ice cream and fresh pineapple so must go. As the ice cream will melt away......

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    sometimes i think i have a better chance of getting into heaven than geting thru on the phone to WW
    We gave up trying to get a table. Lots of alternatives where it isn't such a PITA to get a reservation.

From where we stay on the island we probably drive by the place a half dozen times a day. If we decide we want to dine there we'll stop in to make a reservation. We too would probably pass if we had to deal with the phone system.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Thanks I am feeling less black and blue?.the Aruban Sun is helping wonders..
    I was bit worried about our Wacky Wahoooosss experience ...no ones taste is the same , and it is a bit cramped for space..
    well let's start with the soup Maria's Mom made
    Lunch Marias Moms Soup and crusty roll...heavens .,tasty yes very meat pumpkin potatoes plantain ..pasta ..after 1/2 so full could not eat anymore. Heavens above felt I had eaten a 5 course meal..
    Come 6 o'clock still full not just me Husband to...Shower dressed out to find a friend at Pelican Pier ...A few drinks get together and arrange more time with them ..down to Alahama shopping mall. Look see around ....love lazy lizard Elan clothes ..
    Feeling a bit hungry but no so much !!...up shot 1 Dunkin doughnuts and coffee .which was still a strain on the old tummy I have never felt so full In All my life . What ever the Arubans put in their soup will keep you going all day and all night long .But got a bag of doughnuts for next day...
    One things for sure however the Arubans make soup ,You do not want to eat anything at all for hours and hours ...
    Overcast skies today waiting for the Rain it never came ..
    unlike 2 nights ago , we sleep with our windows open. Middle of the night my husbands jumping around the bed..Good God what's happening .......The rain is comeing through the mozzie net Windows it was so funny ...No it was not a dream ...just superman husband fighting to close the windows ..
    Anyway Pam Pams tonight fillet steak for me surf turf for hubby wine beer. 76 florins ...called In At Cheng's..open at 9.30 got my Mango Sorbet ..ask about close time 10 o'clock ..just ate a bowl of mango sorbet ,early to bed tonight ,Husbands gone to sleep on the Sunbeds under the Palapa ...I think I will just leave him there for now ..he wil be fine.

Just. Footnote ...
    Try the fish shop at superfoods. The Takeaway or eat in fish meals are good value and it's fresh fish...
    Been busy with visitors ..The girls from the Tamarjin came last night , we had a really good time Wine beers pizza , cannot believe we have know them For 11 years.how time flies by just like this holiday Zoooommmm..
    People are complaining about the renovations , as they where not told when they booked. Seems like they are trying to do a lot in the night but the workers are still doing during the day...But it's a big job sure it will be worth it. And look Wonderfull in the end .

Went down town today. Parked 3 florins for 2 hours , the parking attendant was busy wheel clamping someone .but took time to speak While we where putting our money in the parking meter he was very helpful ,and a . Very jolly man!
    Bought some more things I do not really need. Was surprised Mango have a big Sale on .Hubby could not find any new flip flops as he's busted his...
    And got his self a Hammock instead !
    Must say my trip seems a bit boring , up to others ,that indeed I enjoy reading .perhaps it's because we sort of live the Aruba life and mix it up a bit with holiday days ..Or it's an age thing ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast