Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am finally home!

Hi Glen,
    Sole Mar and Gianni's are the same owner. We used to go to SM all the time but much prefered the ambiance (outside) of Gianni's once it opened. We don't like to sit inside for the reasons that you described. Whenever we can sit outside at a restaurant we love to do so. The scene at Gianni's as you outlined is so very true. We don't want a fast dinning experience and being on holiday it is nice to relax but there is a point when the slow service just become ridiculous. When you are hungry and want to eat your dinner, you really are not interested in waiting 45 minutes to get your food! I will send off an email to the owner eventually.

You are also right about the beach, happens where ever you go but because the Surf Club has a smaller beach (width wise) there seems to be more issues which are compounded by other people's selfish ways!

We live in Ottawa. Sunny and not too cold today but of course, we are still not out of the woods for another snow storm before the end of April comes around!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I forgot to mention that we went to Buster's Garage. This place seems to be the new hang out for a lot of young people after 10:30pm.
    This place is a hang out for local and tourists alike. Decor is very plain with pool tables, bar tables and regular tables. Three side of the large room is covered in TV's and the other is windows/doors. Nice and clean but plain.
    The food was good and very casual. The managers were friendly and warm, especially the one from Toronto, Canada. We didn't hold it against him that he is a LEAFS fan!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Okay Randi... you've piqued my curiosity.
    Where's Buster's Garage?
    Are we talking Oranjestad or elsewhere on the island?
    It sounds as if the place comes alive about the time the Tamarijn starts to fall asleep, and quite frankly, I'm not ready to call it a day at 10-10:30.
    This could be the solution to the "What are we going to do now?" question.

9 more sleeps 'til the plane at 6:20 on a Sunday morn.
    Ah well, it's worth it.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Buster's Garage just opened and it is in the same block as Hard Rock. A number of new restaurants have opened up in this new complex. High rise district.
    One night we met our friends who live in Aruba and the place was packed watching boxing (not for me), other nights there is all sorts of sports on. When I was in the lobby of our hotel we heard a lot of people (in particular the young adults) discussing going over to Buster's. The crowd is of all age groups. It is a very plain place but bright and clean. Good burgers and very lively in the evening.

Sunday night is Moomba night, Saturday it seems to be Confessions and Buster's most other nights. These are all at the High rise district. There are the downtown places like Senior Frogs, etc. too.

Enjoy!

Nice report and welcome home, eventhough we never want to come home from that beautiful island.

thanks! Its been one week home but it feels like a month..........

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    thanks! Its been one week home but it feels like a month..........
    You wil NEVER see me starting a thread that says Finally Home!

Just over 300 hours and we'll be there!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12