Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: I'm here in Aruba

I'm here in Aruba

Flight was great yesterday (Delta with a connection thru Atlanta). Got a free upgrade to First Class so it was a nice, comfy ride. Arrived into Aruba early at 1:30pm, got our car from Payless, stopped for groceries/liquids and checked into Amsterdam Manor at around 3:30pm.

We booked a one bedroom and they gave us one of the honeymoon suites (very nice with large bathroom, double sinks, jacuzzi tub for two, separate shower, living room, kitchen, etc.)

Had a few Brights that were waiting on ice for us in the room as we unpacked. We picked up a 6 pack of cold Balashi Chill and compared that to the Brights....tastes almost exactly the same. LOL!

Hit the beach bar for happy hour and watched the sunset. Then off to Pago Pago at the Westin for dinner to see Chef Matt. Had a great dinner of scallops and ahi tuna. Went to Amadeus for a nightcap and to say hello to Thomas and Frankie. Had a glass of wine and a sip of their new siganture drink called the Lost Symphony made right on the island for their restaurant. Very good! Then off to bed for a nice long sleep. Just getting up now and Mike is making his usual eggs and toast for the patio. Going to be a wonderful day in Aruba!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks Amy,seems like a good start to a great vacation.....Enjoy.....

Amy, so glad you had a great flight, but jealous that you are there and I am here. hahahaha just kidding. Have a wonderful vacation, and be sure to leave some of the beer for us.
    Enjoy!!!!
    Pat

Great start!!! ENJOY.

Great start!!! and it could only get better, ENJOY.
    Me & Ei

Next Aruba trip in

Have a Bright for me. I will especially look forward to your restaurants reports.

Sounds great already. Fond memories of Pago Pago years ago and heard it was on the rise again. Care to elaborate any more on dinner?

Amy,

Sounds like your off to a perfect start and vacation. Have a great time....

Lisa - I had plenty of Brights for you yesterday on the beach.

Pago Pago has a new menu from Chef Matt Boland which has a bit of an Asian influence to it. Hubby's scallops were in a Hoisin sauce and for an appetizer we had shredded duck with scallions along with hoisin sauce and crepes (you made your own duck wraps.) The bread basket was filled with different kinds of breads and chips from South America (taro root, yucca, etc) with a dipping sauce. It's really a fun place to eat - when I ate there last fall we just ordered a bunch of appetizers as our dinner because it was fun to try a bunch of new things.

Last night we had a bottle of bubbly on our patio as we listened to the music from Passions. Dinner was at Ellioti's (we were in a pasta mood) follwed by a glass of wine at Bingo (wanted to see our friends who work there.)

Little overcast this morning so we might do some window shopping, lunch at Bugaloe, and maybe a gym workout today.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Wow, I wish I could be there now! Sounds like you guys are having a GREAT time!

The sun has returned!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast