Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: I'm here in Aruba

Amy, have a brite or bulashi for me also , enjoy yourselves

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    Amy, have a brite or bulashi for me also , enjoy yourselves

I think I had plenty of Brights for you (and everyone else) yesterday at the Bugaloe. We spent a few hours there in the late afternoon since the weather was a little overcast. I tried another Balashi Chill but with a lime this time - I didn't like it with the lime. It was pretty good without the lime when we had a couple on the first day but I still think Brights will be our first choice.

Had a late night dinner at Bingo last night - great French onion soup and goat cheese salad.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

So is the Chill a light version of Balashi?

Lisa who is taking notes

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Amy, enjoy your vacation...

thanks amy...as lisa , what is a bulashi chill ?

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT-XJtiKTKM
    click link for the balashi chill commercial

i think it is supposed to be like corona, but better.

We tried the Balashi Chill side by side with the Amstel Brights. It's very similar in taste to the Brights but the Brights have a lighter taste. Chill is served with a lime but we liked it better without the lime. We're not big fans of the regular Balashi (except if it's on tap) but we did like Chill in the bottles. But.....we still like the Brights the best.

As far as Chill vs. Corona - haven't tried them side by side but I would venture a guess that we would pick Corona over Chill because it has a smoother flavor.

We've been here 6 days now (we're staying for 2 weeks) and the weather has been spotty. Sunny, cloudy, hazy - little bit of everything. Only had a few sprinkles of rain in the morning last Thurs. but could tell it had rained at night a couple of times while we slept.

So far we've been to Pago Pago, Bingo, Papillon, Screaming Eagle, Bugaloe, Amadeus, Ellioti's, Taste of Belgium, and Dos Locos. This week we have reservations for Carte Blanche on Tues. and Passions on Fri. Thinking about going to Flying Fishbone on Wed. since a friend invited us and we haven't been there in some time. Too many places to get to......
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 05-16-2011 at 09:31 AM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I hope your weather improves, though the forecast is calling for little wind

I always look forward to more restaurant reports dh and I were just discussing the Flying Fishbone so I will be curious to hear your impressions.

Sorry I haven't been able to post every day on this board. Vacation time is precious so I've only been posting on one Aruba bulletin board at the following link:
    http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/bul...r=asc&start=30

The trip has been great but the weather still a little whacky - changes all the time. Today is my hubby's last full day (he leaves tomorrow) but I'm here until Tues.

Moomba Beach, Eagle Beach - just about anywhere I can wiggle my toes in the sand and enjoy an ice cold Bright
    Amy, how was Dos Locos? My sisters and I looked for and found it in February but I couldn't convince them to give it a try. The parking lot was empty and no one was in the restaurant except for the workers so it didn't seem like a big draw. Do you know if they are open for dinner or breakfast and lunch only?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast