Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: On the Island 8/26-9/2

Lisa,

I don't think my DH would have any issues finishing a 12oz beer before it got warm!

We were the only ones on the Kini Kini tour as everyone else that morning cancelled due to too much partying the night before! Bonus for us!

I did some research on the Oprah thing, not true, her home is in Antigua.

Boardwalk was great, I hope to put up some photos soon, still getting them all off my camera and edited (I took over 700) as photography is my hobby. Believe it or not I didn't take many of the inside of the room but they have many on their site. They do provide beach chairs, coolers, snorkels, dvd players, I didn't need anything!

Hey Pam, you said in a post before you left that your husband wasn't keen on the idea of going someplace with temps over 85. How did he like the Island? Was the heat too much or did the cold beer help?

Walt, he was never bothered by the temps because of the wind, which he did mention was a bit much for him, he has hearing issues and has a constant ringing in his ears so the heavy winds were not friendly with that but it definitely made sure he was never hot. And yes, I don't think I ever saw him without a beer!

Smile

Glad you had a great time!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Something grabbed your sparkly toes? I am going to hide this thread from my wife, that is her worst nightmare.

Thanks for the trip report. You gave a big tip to us about the Melina fishing boat. I did not know it was just trolling! Did you happen to find any boats like the melina where you can bottom fish? We are lucky that a friend takes us giant grouper fishing out of Saveneta each year and we cook the fish. That requires a very long hand line and a winch. We would love to try bottom fishing with a pole too. Sounds like you guys did alot and had fun. Good for you.
    Thanks
    Sean and Susan

Sean and Susan, we met a guy named Roberto on the dock where the Melina is that had just come in from fishing, his boat was a bit smaller than the melina and I am not sure that he has a website or anything but he said he would have taken us bottom fishing so next year we are just going straigt to him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12