Aruba Beach
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: Jacki & Family 8/7 - 8/24/15

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Everyone doesn't like all restaurants
    thats what makes us each different
    I'm hoping you would try QDC
    no offense to Jackie but I think it's a good date location and not family location
    Again no offense meant❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Cindy, I haven't ruled out QDC yet. I agree though that the menu could be expanded a bit.

No offense taken Cindy, no worries.

We've never been to Barefoot. I couldn't remember which drink Tracey between the orange Cosmo & the lemon Drop - knew it was one of those. I asked our server & she highly recommended the lemon drop so I went with that!

I had the only chicken dish on the menu. Thought it sounded exactly like the Chalet Chicken at Suisse Chalet - chicken breast stuffed with spinach. I don't like bacon, but didn't ask for them to adjust it figuring my son would eat the bacon. It was just ok & bland. Not worth the $29 price IMHO. The garlic mashed under the chicken was awesome.

My daughter had the Tenderloin & Blue Cheese. Said it tasted sour, think it was just that the blue was very overpowering.
    My husband had the skirt steak with the bbq sauce on the side since he's not a spice lover. He didn't like the marinade.
    My father had the pork mediterrane he just said it wasn't good - did not elaborate
    My mother & Marco had the Paella, neither finished it both said it was very bland, not nearly enough seasoning
    My son (13) had the Calamari - the looked like frozen onion rings. he did not eat them, but did eat the bowl of french fries on the side.
    My 11 year old had the 4 oz kids steak and said it was good, but chewy...but he's 11 lol
    Both boys had the chicken soup appetizer which they loved, Brianna had the pumpkin soup & I had the Goat Cheese fritters that we shared. They were both really good. My father had the escargot which say sauteed in garlic & butter so he expected a sauce but they were dry. I've never had escargot, not my thing and I didn't try it. Hubby had the cesear salad which he said was very good.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

They do have an extensive kids menu which I really like to see in any restaurant I probably should have gone with the chicken fingers!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I posted my review of QDC months ago on this board. I have to say, my husband and I both found the food to be a little bland. Since then, everyone has raved about it, so I figured that they had improved the food or were having an off night when we were there. We also felt that the menu was limited, and didn't see a lot of dishes that we wanted to try, but we aren't very adventurous. The setting is absolutely gorgeous. We love the food at Barefoot.

Jacki & Family 8/7 - 8/24/15-035.jpgPumpkin Soup Jacki & Family 8/7 - 8/24/15-036.jpg Goat cheese fritter Jacki & Family 8/7 - 8/24/15-037.jpg Chicken Soup

Jacki & Family 8/7 - 8/24/15-041.jpgPaella Jacki & Family 8/7 - 8/24/15-043.jpg Chicken

Aruba since 1979
    well the presentations are lovely indeed!!!

Thanks for the full review, Jacki.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Pumpkin Soup Goat cheese fritter Chicken Soup
    You. Are. KILLING. Me.

My staff now have confirmation that I'm a drooling idiot.

I too am drooling. Not just from the food pics and descriptions, but your entire trip so far. Keep it coming so I can keep daydreaming and picturing in my mind the places you go and things you do.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast