Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: Jacki & Family 8/7 - 8/24/15

We went on a family vacation to Aruba a few years ago. My daughter and her boyfriend broke up a week before the trip as well and he was supposed to travel with us. He didn't go. The first couple of days were tough and a few moments of gloom. Otherwise, we had a great time. She never looked back! Enjoy the trip and keep her busy.

So there is hope? Thank you! I'm sure our trip will be similar. Brianna just graduated college and this could very well be the last family trip she will be able to be with us the whole time. It will be really nice to have her complete attention the whole time and her focus on her little brothers
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I am excited for you. Your trip will be amazing. Stop worrying and things will all work out. I am always saying having children is a life sentence! It never goes away, but you love them. We have great grandchildren now and it is starting all over and I love it.
    Last edited by Sue M.; 08-04-2015 at 02:40 PM.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Hi Jacki! When I was your daughter's age and my heart was broken, the only thing which helped was going on a nice trip! With each mile I traveled, I felt better and better. Hopefully, she feels the same. It's ARUBA who will "mend her broken heard"! Singing the BeeGee's song along here!

Your daughter is young, beautiful, kind, smart, funny ~ no worries! Mr. Right will come along. In the meantime, enjoy this special time in Aruba to the fullest!

EAGLE & PALM BEACH ORANJESTAD PADDOCK - MADAME JEANETTE SOLE MARE KUKKO KUNUKOO
    Couldn't think of a better way to spend half of my month of August. Good luck with your daughter and have a great time !!!!!!!!!! My oldest son just graduated college and we will be going to a funeral mass this Saturday for one of his best friends and room mates from school, He passed away coming home from a camping trip in a car accident, don't want to be a Debbie downer here but as long as she is healthy and can go to AUA with her family...God Bless !!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Good family bonding time.
    when my younger daughters bF broke up withheld right before a trip she spent the entire time ion the Internet and FB gathering info.
    we were like Jesh, stop moping and get with the program.
    Enjoy your trip, a few drinks with you and hope you can knock her out of a funk!!
    Life lessons are tough.
    just love her!!
    all will be good❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    So there is hope? Thank you! I'm sure our trip will be similar. Brianna just graduated college and this could very well be the last family trip she will be able to be with us the whole time. It will be really nice to have her complete attention the whole time and her focus on her little brothers
    Last edited by cindyo; 08-05-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Sorry about your daughter's breakup...
    As for focus... I know I couldn't and had to work up to the hours of my first trip to Aruba.
    Have a great time...

After midnight, have to be up at 6 for work and I am cleaning the house and making lists and printed multiple copies of a document for the caregivers (including pics of how to prepare the dogs' food!). tomorrow night will be some errands, returning hubby's swimshirt, hope to get a smaller one, holistic dog food store for some special treats for the pups, bank for some cash - must remember small bills - then home to do some laundry. Thurs night I'll drop the dogs off at their first vacation home, wash all the bedding & pack my stuff. Car service comes at 3:30am Friday!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    omgosh i am exhausted just reading about the preparations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    After midnight, have to be up at 6 for work and I am cleaning the house and making lists and printed multiple copies of a document for the caregivers (including pics of how to prepare the dogs' food!). tomorrow night will be some errands, returning hubby's swimshirt, hope to get a smaller one, holistic dog food store for some special treats for the pups, bank for some cash - must remember small bills - then home to do some laundry. Thurs night I'll drop the dogs off at their first vacation home, wash all the bedding & pack my stuff. Car service comes at 3:30am Friday!

I'm jealous!! Over 2 weeks in paradise. I wish we had jobs that would allow us consecutive weeks of vacation. I didn't take that last job I was offered because of the lack of vacation time! On with the job hunt.

The son of a friend of mine broke up with his GF 2 weeks before a cruise. My friend is making his son pay the ex-GF family for his portion of the cruise.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast