Aruba Beach
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: Jacki & Family 8/7 - 8/24/15

There are many flies at the bar. it just is what it is IMO. Anytime you have food or sugar around you will have flies. There was one fly (or maybe a bunch but it seemed like one little bugger) who was annoying the crap out of me on the beach this morning. It's also very windy today.

Heard something about the possibility of a tropical storm out to sea, that may have something to do with the wind/flies.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Friday 8/21

Moving day! We packed up a bunch on Thursday night. I went down to the beach to get a Palapa then came back up at 8:30 to go to the gym with the fam. We moved from our Friday unit to the Sunday unit we rented after the gym.

The kids & hubby went down to the beach and I went to Kinderhuis Imeldahof to drop off a few bags of school supplies we brought down with us. Imeldahof is subsidized by the gov't and receives approx. 11 florin per child per day for food, clothing & shelter. The provide a safe environment for children who are unable to remain in their homes due to drug abuse/mental or physical abuse or neglect. Being a foster/adoptive parent this is VERY close to my heart. I am so happy to report that the facility is very nice and they were very appreciative of the donation.

Came back to meet everyone at the pool for bingo, happy hour then met in the lobby to head back to Chalet Suisse for dinner...again. The service was even better than last week and I actually got my leftovers to take home

Rich & I went down to Glitz for a little while. He was in the lobby catching up on emails & games since internet access in this room stinks! I'm connected right now and hopefully still will be by the time I click post, but it's very sketchy. Rich doubled his big $10 bet, I played for about 20 minutes and came out $9 ahead - total win in my book

I can't believe we check out tomorrow! Time went SO FAST! Sad momma....

Jackie----thank you for including all of us on your vacation!! i leave in two weeks and i cannot believe how fast the time is going!! Safe travels!!!

Time to start planning the next trip!!

Aruba since 1979
    jacki and family.......a BIG thank you for posting and sharing your family vacation with all of us.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Time went really by way too fast! It was fun reading your daily adventures! Thanks for sharing! Safe travels home!

Safe travels home! Many thanks for your daily trip reports, I felt like I was on vacation with you !

Thanks so much for bringing us along on your trip. I loved reading about your quality family time!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Saturday 8/22

BEACH DAY! Our last full beach day and boy did we take advantage. I went down around 6am, Brianna came down, then Rich. They boys went to the gym with Marco. My parents eventually made their way to our palapa. Marco & Jason came down around 11 as I was on my way up to check on them. They left the little one in the room to play his DS. They should know better, but don't. Brianna & I got up to the room - no sign of Michael or his DS. Full panic mode. Looked all over, Brianna took the pool area, I went the lobby direction - she ran over to tell me she found him on the beach at our palapa and that he said he saw us walking up, he was on the other side of the pool. Now I want to strangle him & handcuff him to my wrist!

Anyway.....Played our last pool bingo, enjoyed our last happy hour, took pictures with our favorite bartenders and went up to get showered & dressed for dinner. MJ's was amazing as always. Superb service, great food, huge portions not one single complaint. Even my picky hubby who couldn't find anything on the menu he really wanted without adjusting it LOVED his steak with mozzarella & prosciutto!

Came home, lost a few bucks at Glitz and crashed, full & sun kissed & exhausted!

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast