Aruba Beach
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: Jacki & Family 8/7 - 8/24/15

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Monday 8/24

Up very early, packed up and left. Tried dialing 0 again to get a front desk person, but no answer so we just left assuming they will know we chose an express check out.

Left the cars in the parking lot at the airport and went to check in for our 9:45 flights at 6:50. Very long lines with only 2 people working the American Airlines counter. Got through security pretty quickly, made it to the duty free shops with no one in site. It was 8:45 and boarding was going to start in 15 minutes. Hubby was nervous so we didn't get to shop I grabbed some cheese for the plane and a rum cake to bring home and that's it!

Picked up our luggage, used those new machines at US customs. They were very user friendly and easy. Of course I was rushing so the first one I picked up my son to fit him in the outline to take his picture - didn't realize you can adjust the camera! Duh... Got thru there fairly quickly, dropped bags, went thru security again and finally got up to the gate at 9. Fairly uneventful flights and we arrived home to the puppies at 8:20pm. So happy & sad to be home! Very long day and hope to never book multiple flights again

Thanks for letting me share my time in Aruba with you all

And yes, Andrea, I'm heading out the door to go in to the office now!
    Ugh. I hate/love coming home too!

Do you think you'll write the Divi to let them know about the questionable service (or lack thereof)?

Thanks for the great report! You've inspired me to do that springy/jumpy thingy or maybe just plant myself on a chaise instead.

I think one day isn't enough time to give an accurate review, however, if they send me a "we'd like to hear about your visit" type email I will let them know my feelings on lack of personnel and check in confusion.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We've stayed at Divi several times and have also found that their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Glad you had a nice trip. I know that it is hard to come home and get back in the groove.

Enjoyed following you and your family on your vacation ! Thanks for sharing. I'm in count down mode, about 4 1/2 more wks to go. I have a small wooden sign that's reads, After a trip to Aruba is before a trip to Aruba ! Start planning your next visit

Enjoyed reading your trip report from start to finish. It was fun and interesting reading about the the BF drama, doing payroll in the room, skype job interview, Kent to the rescue with a camera. I saw something on 20/20 about some people working on vacation a few days. They call it a workation and the employer compensates by not counting that work day as a vacation day just for working a few hours.

I'm also a big fan of La Cabana. I've stood there a few times and i think its the only resort I want to stay at. I've never gotten up early though to reserve a hut at the beach even though I usually get up at 7am to go for a 30 to 40 minute walk. I just don't have the nerves to do it even though I know everybody does it. I usually get down at 10:00 to 10:30am and by then there is usually only about 4 of them left right by the beach bar. The Gouda chicken at the islander grill is the best and yes their ribs are tasty. I'm surprised you didn't try their other restaurant Las Ramblas. Some people rave about it but I had 2 bad experiences there. I was surprised about QDC but it could have been an off night. I heard they change their menu constantly. I always enjoyed Chalet Suiise on every trip but the last time I had a ruff cut of filet mignon which is supposed to be the most tender steak. My fault though for not speaking up because I'm sure they would have made things right. Benny is a great host and accomodating.

Glad you had a great time and thanks for the report..

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Do you realize 8900 views took place on your posts Jackie?

Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    Enjoyed reading your trip report from start to finish. It was fun and interesting reading about the the BF drama, doing payroll in the room, skype job interview, Kent to the rescue with a camera. I saw something on 20/20 about some people working on vacation a few days. They call it a workation and the employer compensates by not counting that work day as a vacation day just for working a few hours.

I'm also a big fan of La Cabana. I've stood there a few times and i think its the only resort I want to stay at. I've never gotten up early though to reserve a hut at the beach even though I usually get up at 7am to go for a 30 to 40 minute walk. I just don't have the nerves to do it even though I know everybody does it. I usually get down at 10:00 to 10:30am and by then there is usually only about 4 of them left right by the beach bar. The Gouda chicken at the islander grill is the best and yes their ribs are tasty. I'm surprised you didn't try their other restaurant Las Ramblas. Some people rave about it but I had 2 bad experiences there. I was surprised about QDC but it could have been an off night. I heard they change their menu constantly. I always enjoyed Chalet Suiise on every trip but the last time I had a ruff cut of filet mignon which is supposed to be the most tender steak. My fault though for not speaking up because I'm sure they would have made things right. Benny is a great host and accomodating.

Glad you had a great time and thanks for the report..
    Thanks It was a great time We have some very picky people and Las Ramblas just doesn't fit for us. We had a $25 gift certificate there that we gave away to someone at the bar. I personally don't like fish or beef or pork or anything with a bone in it, although I did try salmon at MJ's and grouper at West Deck.

I would get up early, get a hut on the beach (on beach days) and stay there reading for hours. Not really reserving and walking away like many people do. I actually saw security removing personal items from huts many times during this vacation. I've never seen that before!

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Do you realize 8900 views took place on your posts Jackie?

WOW - I didn't realize that!

Here are my pictures - everything up till a few days before we left.

Jacki - was the seaweed invasion in the Caribbean an issue on the beautiful beaches of Aruba?

Jeff and Ruthie

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast