Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: Jacki & Family 8/7 - 8/24/15

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    who knows.... Maybe an engagement?

He asked if there was any place to get a nice ring around here. I told him he was on very thin ice and better watch himself! lol
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Sunday 8/9
    Watched the island wake up while walking on the beach. Put some stuff down at a Palapa and came back to the room. Woke 2 kids up and went to the gym with them. Got myself on an eliptical machine for the first time in my life while watching them play raquetball. Not too bad (I have a very bad back and just recently planters fasciitis which is making walking really difficult & painful). Came back up to the room, threw in a load of laundry & went to the beach to read. Came back to meet the family at 10 for the Breakfast Buffet at the Islander Grill. Very nice little buffet. My DS1 loves it for some reason. It's not huge, but enough. Lots of cereals, tons of breads, bagels, bacon, sausage, omelette station, pastechi, all sorts of fruit. yum!

Then some of us went to the beach, some back to the room to get ready for the beach. DH "forgot" to sunscreen DS2 which was obvious a few minutes into him getting to the beach! went to the pool for 2pm bingo & frozen happy hour at the newly renovated Pata Pata bar. Mom had enough sun yesterday so she played the 3 hour long bingo inside at Glitz.

DD & BF happy hour'd and I took the little ones up for showers and sandwiches in the room for dinner. Went back down at 5:50 - I couldn't pass up a happy hour Aruba Arriba! All the kids & I went to the beach to watch the sunset. The BF was amazed! I love watching Aruba thru a newbie's eyes....even if he's not my favorite person right now....

DD & BF stayed on the beach - the boys & I went back to the bar area. They met up with some new friends and played football on the shuffle board deck. DH was asleep by the time we came back up to the room. Long lazy days of sun & fun make for early nights!

My camera broke on Saturday It's an underwater one - shockproof, waterproof, everything proof rugged camera. Apparently I didn't close the battery/SD card compartment well enough and went in the water I literally have only my iphone camera now and I am a HUGE picture taker. I always want pics to remember everything we did. Very upset/pissed off at myself.

Your day around the beach and pool sounds perfect. That stinks about your camera. Have you considered looking for or buying a camera there? If you shop for one let us know how it goes.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    oh no.......so sorry to hear about the camera.

thank you for taking thetime out of your very busy days to keep us in the loop.

what is your dh thinking about the boyfriend?

how are the winds? and the wifi?

enjoy and thanks for taking the time.

That's lousy about the camera. If you found a good price for a new one it might be fun to test it out in Aruba.

Sorry about your camera... I know how you feel. I "had" a great water camera till I did the same thing.. But it was under extended warr. and they replaced it.
    I am such a huge picture taker that I always have one water camera and two other ones... plus my phone.

In a separate conversation DH also told BF he's on thin ice....we are partners thru & thru!

The winds are a little stronger than I remember. Not whip sand in your face kinda strong, but constant and strong. The wifi is rocking my world. Still on the wifi, haven't gone to MIO store yet. Every time I'm in the area it's before they are open lol In the room right now and the signal is strong. There is a repeater right outside my door though so that helps. The repeaters are EnGenius - great brand that I deal with at work. The pool and in the lobby both have great signal.

Okay, sounds like you are getting a routine established. Crazy about the BF, hope things go well. That's terrible about the camera. We had a battery issue one year and went to the camera shop downtown named Boolchands. They had a nice selection of cameras and appeared to have good prices (I always compare to Amazon to get an idea of price). They were sort of behind the Ren.

http://www.boolchand.com/

We are planning on having Pizza Bob's for dinner on our night of arrival as well. Can't wait! Enjoy your trip.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast