Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Jacksons Aruba 2015

Woo hoo, we r here. (Apologies for the occasional shorthand text language, typing on kindle not as easy as laptop.)
    Well, the situation at immigration continued to deteriorate. While I was distracting myself with venting on the forum, an entire group ,that was behind us were pulled from our line and moved to another. The lady behind us walked to a worker to complain and I ended up chiming in too. We were moved to the other line than. There is more to what happened but, it's time to move on. When I return I will send a letter to the tourism board, because it was a terrible experience.

Moving on, Wheels To Go, was waiting for us, things were looking up! First breath of air was almost sucked right out, it's super windy today and hot. While getting the car, she shared there have been public service announcements to stay hydrated as its been hotter than usual.
    Off to Superfoods, fairly quick, kind of remembered where things were.
    Great check in at Marriott. Awesome 2 bedroom ocean front!
    Quick feast at Smokey Joe's, we shared everything and still have some leftover geometries that I will cook up with breakfast. These guys are big breakfast eaters, so that's the only meal I make on vacay.
    Quick walk along the beach to try to get our bearings on what is where in this area.
    Question for all, I recall a mention of a bar that plays stateside country music, I can't recall the name, help?
    Winding down now, the 4:00a.m. wakeup is catching up.
    Suspect tomorrow to be a mellow-ish pool and beach day.
    Catch us later fellow Aruba lovers!

Carlitos is the bar where we heard popular country music. It's on the beach side walkway close to Playa Linda on the Holiday Inn side. Not sure it's every night but just ask, they are very friendly, and great 2 for 1 specials will be posted in a chalkboard at the entrance.

Sorry to hear about the rough start, but now get settled in and enjoy! Thanks for posting.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    You're lucky as well as us, to be here. Strike almost happened . My daughters fligh deplaned on the Tarmac and she was bussed to the gate. Air traffic controllers not happy. We all would have been else where right now. That's why Imigration had issues.

Quote Originally Posted by debkeith1 View Post
    On line in customs for almost an hour and a half with a long way to go. There were 2 agents working. This is horrible. We had an hour flight delay, so this is really grating. And unfortunately all the workers are not speaking any English and everyone around us is just as miserable.
    Super sad face, if I could figure out how to do that, from kindle.
    Tried to email car rental, God I hope they are here when we get through. Ugh!

Great Day! Loving our room, beds are great and room stays cool, without the noise when most ac's kick on.
    Lazy start, but made breakfast and was getting ready to head to the pool all by 9:30.
    We were told that we would lose access to our balcony on Monday, due to ongoing painting project. However, the workers were here today. But they worked on upper floors. I doubt we will bother moving, we'll see how it goes then.
    Started at the large pool, lots of chairs were tagged, but we got a nice spot and were in the water by 10. Hmmm, then we got word they were closing that pool because someone had gotten sick in the pool! Ugh, so foul! Off we went in search of new chairs for the day. We found another nice spot, didn't realize it was the smoking section and that's why we basically had it to our selves. It wasn't a big deal, very few smokers and with the wind it blew right by.
    Lazy river for a bit, lunch at the outdoor restaurant, while we played bingo, sadly not winners.
    More lazy river, then tried corn hole but the bags were terrible. Decided to stay at beach and headed to the water and we stayed in for at least an hour straight, perfect, everything was perfect!
    I actually relaxed a bit, being here for the third time and knowing it won't be our last, I don't have my usual drive to see everything that we possibly can as fast as we can, strange concept for me, but I'm liking it!
    Showered up and went to Scala for dinner, all was good there. Water show, stopped at Aruba Aloe, got my favs, little browsing then to Sopranos. Small crowd, it was still early, hung for a bit and decided to head back. Father in law sleeping, hubby is watching some game and I'm typing away.......sigh, each doing what we like, very nice indeed.
    I have that little bit of warmth on my skin from the sun, but enough sunscreen that not burned or uncomfortable, favorite feeling of mine. Pair that with scratchy eyes from chlorine and salt water and I am a happy chick!
    Content and heading to bed. Goodnight kindred vacationers.

Aruba since 1979
    terrific that you had a great day!

awful about someone being sick in the pool, however glad to know that marriott does the right hing by closing the pool so proper clean up can be done.

thank you for shairng your time with us

Great Day! Loving our room, beds are great and room stays cool, without the noise when most ac's kick on.
    Lazy start, but made breakfast and was getting ready to head to the pool all by 9:30.
    We were told that we would lose access to our balcony on Monday, due to ongoing painting project. However, the workers were here today. But they worked on upper floors. I doubt we will bother moving, we'll see how it goes then.
    Started at the large pool, lots of chairs were tagged, but we got a nice spot and were in the water by 10. Hmmm, then we got word they were closing that pool because someone had gotten sick in the pool! Ugh, so foul! Off we went in search of new chairs for the day. We found another nice spot, didn't realize it was the smoking section and that's why we basically had it to our selves. It wasn't a big deal, very few smokers and with the wind it blew right by.
    Lazy river for a bit, lunch at the outdoor restaurant, while we played bingo, sadly not winners.
    More lazy river, then tried corn hole but the bags were terrible. Decided to stay at beach and headed to the water and we stayed in for at least an hour straight, perfect, everything was perfect!
    I actually relaxed a bit, being here for the third time and knowing it won't be our last, I don't have my usual drive to see everything that we possibly can as fast as we can, strange concept for me, but I'm liking it!
    Showered up and went to Scala for dinner, all was good there. Water show, stopped at Aruba Aloe, got my favs, little browsing then to Sopranos. Small crowd, it was still early, hung for a bit and decided to head back. Father in law sleeping, hubby is watching some game and I'm typing away.......sigh, each doing what we like, very nice indeed.
    I have that little bit of warmth on my skin from the sun, but enough sunscreen that not burned or uncomfortable, favorite feeling of mine. Pair that with scratchy eyes from chlorine and salt water and I am a happy chick!
    Content and heading to bed. Goodnight kindred vacationers.

I flew in yesterday (Saturday) from NY , no lines at customs and luggage was out , it was very fast , I was lucky ! I also rented from Wheels2go, great cars and service , we've been using them for the past few years. Weather is beautiful!

For a "relaxing" vacation, I'm pooped! Morning power walk from the activities list, it was a very fast paced walk from the ocean club to the end of the high rise section and back, phew, I was HOT. Back to room to make breakfast for family then to the pool. Excellent time, just chilling. Bingo, then to the room to have the leftovers from the last few nights dinners as lunch.
    Down to the beach to seek out Cindy, but struck out. Will try again tomorrow. In the water for a bit, back to the pool for some pool volleyball. If it wasn't harder enough in the water, then headed out for some beach volleyball. Lots of fun, good peeps, not competitive, which was good!
    So HOT again, back to pool to cool down, but the water in the pool is so warm. Took a while but finally chilled.
    Showered up, walked to Carlitos, considered it for dinner, but really limited menu and it was empty.
    Walked back to Moomba for dinner. All was good.
    To the Stelaris for a bit, no big winners or losers, which is good. Caught the eclipse for a bit while heading back.
    Early start (well, for us) renting ATVs for 4 hours at 8:00 and DH has to eat before
    Later taters!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Hoping to see you Tuesday
    Palapa 209
    heading to Renaissance today, Monday

Aruba since 1979
    have fun on the ATVs.

thanks for sharing your story

looking forward to more.
    For a "relaxing" vacation, I'm pooped! Morning power walk from the activities list, it was a very fast paced walk from the ocean club to the end of the high rise section and back, phew, I was HOT. Back to room to make breakfast for family then to the pool. Excellent time, just chilling. Bingo, then to the room to have the leftovers from the last few nights dinners as lunch.
    Down to the beach to seek out Cindy, but struck out. Will try again tomorrow. In the water for a bit, back to the pool for some pool volleyball. If it wasn't harder enough in the water, then headed out for some beach volleyball. Lots of fun, good peeps, not competitive, which was good!
    So HOT again, back to pool to cool down, but the water in the pool is so warm. Took a while but finally chilled.
    Showered up, walked to Carlitos, considered it for dinner, but really limited menu and it was empty.
    Walked back to Moomba for dinner. All was good.
    To the Stelaris for a bit, no big winners or losers, which is good. Caught the eclipse for a bit while heading back.
    Early start (well, for us) renting ATVs for 4 hours at 8:00 and DH has to eat before
    Later taters!

no big losers sounds like a win to me Enjoy the ATVs today!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12