Aruba Beach

Thread: June vacation

June vacation

Hi all sorry it took so long to post this. We stayed at the marriott ocean club from 22-29 june. Left from philly the worst flight of my life lol were told to go to international terminal because we were going to aruba waited and waited for them to open finally went to ask and the lady at the counter said oh your going thru charlotte you need to go to domestic and plane was leaving in an hour ran to new terminal made it thru everything got to the gate only to find that they gave our seats away cause they over sold the flight yelled and screamed a lil and finally got on but none of the 4 of us got to sit together same thing happened in charlotte because they gave our seats away in philly rrrr. Needless to say we made it on time. We rented a jeep from american for the 7 days it was very nice a 2009 there were a few dents and bumps around the bumper and under the doors but i was glad because this way they couldnt say i did anything to it. The only thing we didnt think about was after we got the jeep and went back to the airport to pick up the girls is where to put all the luggage with 4 of us in the jeep lol the girls were not to happy on the ride to the hotel with luggage stacked on them. Got to the hotel kinda tired from our air ordeal so we didnt go out we ate at champions in the marriott it was ok but way over priced for a cheeseburger and a hotdog. Ran out to the beach and the pool for awhile the first night and wound down a lil with a few drinks in the pool the water was so warm in the beach and the pool. The next day started the day with dunkin donuts and went to iga for grocery shopping. Drove around a lil bit looking around went to iguna joes i think it was by the cruise area for lunch it was pretty good very crowded as there was a ship at dock. Later that night went to old man and the sea for dinner the food was very good but wasnt our favorite place it was a very nice romantic dinner and would recomend it to anyone but like i sad not the best i found. Wed morning woke up and drove around the edge of the island off road with the jeep there was a lil blowhole down on the rocks below the light house that was pretty cool the views and the ocean were totally different out there it was a fun and exciting day i would recomend anyone taking a jeep and driving around it is easy driving if you know what you are doing and as long as you are careful and dont try to do anything stupid you should be able to get to most places easily enough one thing i missed and didnt get to do was go to the natural pool everyone says this was a rough drive wish i got time to try it. I come from a lil town and have driven off road all my life i really didnt think the driving was that bad on the outskirts of the island it was pretty barren and remote and hot we got fried that day but it was nice to be away from the touristy areas too so as long as you are careful it should be ok. Went to a lil pizza joint near dunkin donuts that night the food was good and cheap just what we were looking for that night wish i could remember the name it was right by salt and pepper. More to come soon.

Brad

Casa Tua is the Pizza Place!
    Decided to take down my timer!

yes

that was the name good pizza and a nice laid back night