Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just back from 10 glorious days

Just back from 10 glorious days

Well we are back from 10 glorious days in Aruba. We stayed the 1st week at the Marriott surf club how nice...Just hate that getting up early to get a chair at the pool. We actually only spent 1 day at pool, the rest of the time we werre at the beach (under cover of course) Well the first night we ate at Casa Tua for pizza, not bad for aruba pizza. 2nd night we went to Yemanja downtown what a really nice place if you go try to get a seat outside its so pretty with all the lights and everything I didn't realize that and we sat inside but the food was terrific different everything is wood grilled. Excellent place.
    Sunday night we stayed in I brought spaghetti sauce and my girls were flying in I knew they would be exhausted (they had a wedding on the Sat night) so we ate in. Then of course monday was yet again another beach day.
    Monday night we ate a Chalet Suisse, very nice, great service (if you took a sip of water they would come and fill your glass it was hysterical) the food was very good also. Well tomorrow I will continue too much to absorb for tonight.
    still have to unpack

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Welcome back....wow, that time flew.

Get a countdown ticker going for your next trip!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Welcome home,I know that the Marriott had work done at the ocean and beach....What is your opinion on its conditions...Was the ocean floor still spongy,allot of seaweed? Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    Welcome home,I know that the Marriott had work done at the ocean and beach....What is your opinion on its conditions...Was the ocean floor still spongy,allot of seaweed? Thank you in advance.

DannyO, you make me laugh!!!!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Yeah it was a little spongy, and seaweed but not that bad lots of little sea shells too as you entered the water made it a little difficult to get it but hey, it was gorgeous anyway

[/url]

Cindy have a great trip...

[/url]

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Many thanks sunworshipper !

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda

Marriot/Palm Beach

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    I know that the Marriott had work done at the ocean and beach....What is your opinion on its conditions...Was the ocean floor still spongy,allot of seaweed? Thank you in advance.
    Your post brings up two points about the huge area of the Marriot, Ocean Club and Surf Club worth mentioning:

1) They keep building more and more rooms, but there is not more pool space or more ocean space. The pools get extremely crowded, and finding chairs and "chickees" on the beach can be extremely competitive.

2) People who have not been to Aruba might well assume that the high rise hotels have the nicest beach. But, of the three "hotel" beaches, (Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, and Manchebo Beach), Manchebo is probably the winner. Eagle is just as nice, but very, very crowded (especially across from La Cabana), whereas Manchebo has much more space.

Much of Palm Beach has stronger winds, the sand is not as fine, rock-free and powdery white, and there is much more seaweed to contend with. The Manchebo beach areas in front of the Tamarijn, Costa Linda, and Casa Del Mar are really nice.

Aruba since 1979
    is the beach area at manchebo and bucuti and abc and cdm considered DRUIF or EAGLE or MANCHEBO?

ignorance is not bliss

i have always called the beach area in front of divi and to the side of tamarijn "druif" and anything beyond divi-all inclusive the beginning or "eagle".

anyone set me straight?
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by NealNearNorth View Post
    Your post brings up two points about the huge area of the Marriot, Ocean Club and Surf Club worth mentioning:

1) They keep building more and more rooms, but there is not more pool space or more ocean space. The pools get extremely crowded, and finding chairs and "chickees" on the beach can be extremely competitive.

2) People who have not been to Aruba might well assume that the high rise hotels have the nicest beach. But, of the three "hotel" beaches, (Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, and Manchebo Beach), Manchebo is probably the winner. Eagle is just as nice, but very, very crowded (especially across from La Cabana), whereas Manchebo has much more space.

Much of Palm Beach has stronger winds, the sand is not as fine, rock-free and powdery white, and there is much more seaweed to contend with. The Manchebo beach areas in front of the Tamarijn, Costa Linda, and Casa Del Mar are really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    is the beach area at manchebo and bucuti and abc and cdm considered DRUIF or EAGLE or MANCHEBO?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

ignorance is not bliss

i have always called the beach area in front of divi and to the side of tamarijn "druif" and anything beyond divi-all inclusive the beginning or "eagle".

anyone set me straight?
    andrea
    Imvho, it depends on which resource you use.
    http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/beaches/beach-1.html#druif shows Druif Beach as being south of Manchebo and north of Oranjestad.

http://www.visitaruba.com/attractions/sunandfun/beaches.html shows the section of beach in front of the Tamarijn Resort looking northward towards the Divi with a label of "Druif Beach". As a side note, for those familiar with the Tamarijn this is evidently an older photo which shows palapas on the waterside of the "boardwalk" presumably somewhere north of building 1500. Thus the view of the Divi.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/aruba/0176020389.html
    "For sheer tranquillity and open space, Manchebo Beach, also known as Punto Brabo, is top-notch. Because the sand here stretches 110m (361 ft.) from the shore to the hotels, congestion is never a problem. The handful of smaller resorts that occupy this coveted location, next to Eagle Beach, offer beverages and food, and the discreet atmosphere makes Manchebo one of Aruba's only tops-optional beaches. The white-powder sand is spectacular, but the surf is steady and brisk. With no watersports in the area, serenity is guaranteed. The premier spots are in front of the Bucuti Beach and Manchebo Beach resorts.

Druif Beach meets Manchebo Beach farther east along the coast. The sand remains white but the strand narrows considerably, and the surf becomes more restless. Rocks and pebbles come out in profusion here. The beach between the Divi Aruba Beach Resort and the Tamarijn resort is the widest stretch in the area; the strip south of the Tamarijn is also nice."

http://www.arubatravelinfo.com/beaches.html makes no mention of Druif Beach

http://www.casadelmar-aruba.com/
    "Casa Del Mar Beach Resort occupies a significant piece of Aruba's Druif Beach and neighboring Manchebo Beach. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast