Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Just Back From Aruba and stay at Radisson!

Just Back From Aruba and stay at Radisson!

Hello all ~ this is a quickie ~ just to say my husband and I had a wonderful week at the Radisson and celebrated our 20th anniversary ~ absolutely loved the Radisson and all that we did there. Everyone on this forum helped so much in our planning, and honestly the only thing that went wrong was the week was over too fast!!

We were there from 9/18-9/25 ~ we used MCM tours (recommended by people here) and it was great ~ would for sure go through booking with them again ~ had direct flights, breakfast and lunch included, and a beverage credit.
    We were on our own for dinner (which is what we wanted) and had some really great dinners.
    We celebrated out anniversary having dinner right on the beach at the Radisson ~ delicious!

We were pleasantly surprised that in our room was an ice bucket with a bottle of wine, 2 glasses and a card wishing us a a happy anniversary. That was a nice surprise, and each night before dinner we would have a glass of wine out on our balcony before dinner. That was a really nice, unexpected treat. It also helped save on our dinner bill because we didn't order any wine with our meal since we had it on the balcony before going out.

We stayed in the Bonaire Tower on the 3rd floor, and have no complaints about the room ~ we loved it ~ very clean, comfortable, nice the way it was set up, plenty of storage for our clothing, etc
    The only thing was the bathroom was smaller than the other towers (from what I am told), but it didn't bother us at all. It was fine for the two of us.

The grounds at the Radisson are beautiful, and now I understand what everyone says by the beach front there at the Radisson is one of the nicest. It is spread out and really never felt crowded. We fell in love with the parrots, and enjoyed them every day. They all had a unique personality ~ we learned a lot about them from Victor, who takes such good care of them, and who truly loves them (that is what he told us, and it is evident by how they are cared for) We got some nice pictures holding the parrots.

We went on a private tour with "Bully" (which I learned about from this forum) and he was just great. We really enjoyed it ~ he took us all around Aruba to different sites ~ some churches, the lighthous, natural bridge, donkey sanctuary, rock formations, etc giving us all the history and he also took pictures for us. He even took us to a bakery and treated us to a pastry of our choice. Really enjoyed that the 2nd day we were there. (PS Andrea, Bully says hello!)

We decided to rent a small car for 2 days and some snorkel equipment and went off on our own (at our own pace) to all the different beaches to do snorkeling ~ that was a blast ~ loved it ~ Baby Beach, Boca (something ~ can't think of the name), Mangel Halto (I think that is the name) and a few others.

The rest of the time we just enjoyed the Radisson, the beach there, long walks, going out in the evening, the shops ~ really enjoyed every minute.

There was a dog that followed me and my husband, and a lady there that I met briefly when the dog followed me, was a person that helps people adopt dogs and bring them home to the US ~ I would of considred it, but I already have a rescue dog. I did see some dogs and cats around, but a lot of people said they are always there and well cared for by the people that come to the resorts. I have to admit they were all friendly, and did not seem scared at all.

Well, thats my quick report ~ I would be glad to answer any questions anybody might have.

Thanks again to all that really helped me with all my questions on here!!
    Last edited by kristy1; 09-26-2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

PS I just read my "quick report" ~ guess it wasn't so quick!!

Aruba since 1979
    hahahahahahaha your quick report was perfect.

glad that you had a wonderful stay on aruba.

many of us read the "my aruba story" because we live vicariously thru others!!!

so, where did you eat?
    (my mind is always either at the beach or thinking about food)

happy that you got some good advice from forum.
    many members here have learned from the forum and have paid it forward with others on here by making recommendations.

thanks for posting.

and i too love the rad's parrots.
    gorgeous creatures!

I loved your report and I am glad you had a great stay. I have read a lot on here about Bully, everyone seems to love him. He picks up, drops off (@ airport) and does private tours. I found his email on this forum and I think I will attempt to setup a private tour. Do you mind sharing what that cost? Does he charge by hour etc? I like the idea of creating my own tour, and I gotta meet this guy, lol.

I would want to adopt a dog too!

Aruba since 1979
    if you want to consider adopting an aruba dog, contact forum members SUGAR and or BillStellR.

the rate that Bully charges for his private tour is the hourly rate that the Government sets for taxi $45 p hour not including tip

He does a great job, i cannot say enough about Bully. He is without a doubt one of the hardest working, kindest, most honest and best Husband and Dad on Aruba.

Private tours are excellent!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mjl60621 View Post
    I loved your report and I am glad you had a great stay. I have read a lot on here about Bully, everyone seems to love him. He picks up, drops off (@ airport) and does private tours. I found his email on this forum and I think I will attempt to setup a private tour. Do you mind sharing what that cost? Does he charge by hour etc? I like the idea of creating my own tour, and I gotta meet this guy, lol.

I would want to adopt a dog too!

Thanks Andrea, I just did a search and saved Bully's contact info, email and phone number on my cell. A private tour sounds like the way to go! Good call Kristi!

Andrea beat me to it about the cost ~ and I will ditto what she said about Bully ~ even though I only met him once! Just based on the experience ~ it is clear what a family man he is, and how good he is to his customers ~ doesn't like to rush anybody ~ takes his time~ that is how he was with us and he said that is how he always does it. He obviously wants to please. His cab holds up to 5 people i believe, and is $45.00 per hour ~ we only had the 2 of us, but if you had 4 people and split the cost ~ it really isn't bad ~ plus, it is private, in the comforts of an air conditioned van ~ We thoroughly enjoyed it. He also took pictures of us, and suggested good spots for photos. And of course, we gave him a nice tip in the end on top of the fee (as Andrea said the hourly rate does not include tip)
    It is not an "adventure tour" like in an open jeep or ATV ~ it is a sight seeing tour in the comforts of an air conditioned van done privately, along with him telling all about the history and the sights. We loved it!
    Andrea ~ we ate at: Wacky Wahoos, Giannie's, (? spelling), Sole Mare, Madame Jeanettes, Texas De Brazil, Sunset Grille, but on the beach, and 1 night did room service as we fell asleep and woke up too late to go anywhere!

Oh, and we wanted to eat at a recommended place at the Hyatt, but they were closed for remodeling ~ so, have to plan another trip and do that next time!! )

Sounds like a great time Kristy. What were the highlights of renting a car and snorkeling on your own? Would you recommend it? Would you do it again? We are thinking of doing that this time.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Tracey ~ the reasons we did it that way was because I really wanted to go to a lot of the different beachs ~ Arashi Beach, Boca Catalina (i think that is the name), Mangel Halto, Baby Beach ~ and the rental car from budget was only $40.00 a day (including tax) ~ and the snorkel equipment was $16.00 per day ~ so we figured going on our own, at our own pace, was the way to go to hit all those different areas (instead of signing up for a tour)

I like the snorkel tours a lot, and have done it before ~ but, we had to sort of pick and choose (because it does get expensive) and we didn't want to be full of too many plans ~ so this way we could just go and enjoy at our own pace ~ and the price was very reasonable too.
    And yes, when I get back to Aruba I will definitely do that again!!
    Hope that helps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast