Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just back and missing aruba already!!

Red face Just back and missing aruba already!!

Well, just got back 1am this morning and am already whining about going back...trip was best yet...no rain at all....and the weather was amazing..hot hot hot....
    madame janettes was wonderful as usual...surf and turf melted in your mouth
    sole mare...love the pasta especially when lobster and shrimp are added..yum
    peanuts....always great food and cheap..
    first time for papiemento...such a nice dinner setting, cool and great atmosphere...also great food

snuba was great, just niece and i so we got to see a lot with dive master...will TRY to post pictures later...bad experience when getting back on boat after snorkel session...was getting ready to get out of water and got stung by what the locals said was ocean fleas ???? got about a 3 1/2 by 5" patch of small raised red burning marks on lower arm and a quarter size mark on upper arm. when I looked to see what got me there was nothing in the water near me...guides on boat said that it was the "fleas" and they hang around by the boat...could not sleep the first night at all it stung so bad...even with cortisone cream...anyone ever hear about this ????

snorkeled alot, at different places and had fun fun fun...

I know I should not have, but did take quad ride around to natural bridge, gold ruins and of course natural pool....but, I was a chicken and made a friend of mine take quad up or down certain parts while I walked because I was a fraidy cat.....natural pool was CRAZY...never saw it so ruff before...we were in the water and looked over to what would be the prison area and saw a tornado in the horizon ( will post picture of it)...way cool...

also saw all the wind turbines, think we counted like 10....hopefully it will make life better for the islanders.....

drank way toooooooo much, but managed to make the beach every day and fry in the amazing sun.....

did not get to the ren for the 8th, Dh and friends took me out for my bday...so I apologize to all for not making it...maybe next year???!!!

think that is about it....could go on forever, but don't think you guys need a play by play for 3 weeks.....

now I must begin planning next vacation....hopefully 2 times next year instead of only one......
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    welcome home michele
    did u do any scuba?
    sorry to hear of those bites from the "fleas"
    my husband got those kind of bites a few yrs ago.
    he dabbed ammonia on it and it took the ich and sting away.

quads............you did what?!?!?!?!
    i am shocked you rode the quads
    not

andrea

Welcome back Michelle!

Glad you had such a wondeful trip.
    Don't worry will get another chance to meet in the future.

Welcome home....no scuba?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Welcome home!

Who did you use for the Quad tour to the natural pool, or did you go without a group?

Welcome home, start dreaming about next next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    welcome home michele
    did u do any scuba?
    sorry to hear of those bites from the "fleas"
    my husband got those kind of bites a few yrs ago.
    he dabbed ammonia on it and it took the ich and sting away.

quads............you did what?!?!?!?!
    i am shocked you rode the quads
    not

andrea
    no scuba...no one to go with and too chicken to trust dive master even though I should...
    They put alcohol on bites because no vinegar on boat...nothing worked..well, I guess cortisone cream did a little...nasty little buggers though !!!
    Yeah, had to do the quads, but was very very careful...I am sure my friend Rick was ready to smack me upside the head by the time the trip was over, but I was not going to try anything too rough since it was actually my first ride on quad since accident...

Quote Originally Posted by nicky612000 View Post
    Who did you use for the Quad tour to the natural pool, or did you go without a group?
    Nicky,
    we took the quads out by ourselves...we have been going to island for many years and know our way around very well...
    If you have never been before I would suggest a quide or quided tour..Melchor is where we rented ours from, but they also do tours..they are right across from the Adventure Golf place...
    If you go...take water camera and some snorkel gear...it's way cool there !!!!!!

I had a lot of those little buggers around me on my night dive. I have no idea what they were and when I asked the dive master she didn't know either. Fortunately they were attracted to my light so I let it dangle below me when I ran into them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast