Aruba Beach
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By mrsschneid
  • 2 Post By ellejeanelle

Thread: Just came home and want to go back :(

Just came home and want to go back :(

We were in Aruba from Feb. 15th through the 22nd. This was our second year in a row to visit Aruba. I should back track and say that I have worked for both TWA and JetBlue Airways - I have traveled A LOT and to MANY places - I was also the Regional Caribbean Manager for TWA. I have searched all of the Caribbean for the "perfect" destination. During my years of travel I had never gone to Aruba...until 2 years ago. We just returned from Aruba yesterday - I am missing it already. I cannot speak highly enough of this beautiful Island and the people that live there. We love it so much we have purchased a timeshare at the Divi Phoenix! There is NO other Island (in my opinion) with more friendly people, beautiful beaches, things to do, amazing food...I could go on and on. This is the only Island that I have not been harassed by locals selling anything. The only Island with AMAZING food at reasonable prices. I feel like with the great restaurants that are reasonably priced an all inclusive is NOT worth it on this Island. It is safe - gives you the freedom to walk and walk without worry. We met wonderful people at the Divi as did our children - we so look forward to forming friendships with these people year after year. I children are still talking about their "Aruba friends" and when they will be seeing them again. Everyone watches out for each others children - such a great bunch of people. I am thrilled with our choice to be at the Divi Phoenix - it might be on the very end of the high rise hotels but it is just a short walk beach side to get where you need too. The beach was MUCH less crowded as was the pool - and this was during a very peak week.

Aruba since 1979
    terrific!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsschneid View Post
    We were in Aruba from Feb. 15th through the 22nd. This was our second year in a row to visit Aruba. I should back track and say that I have worked for both TWA and JetBlue Airways - I have traveled A LOT and to MANY places - I was also the Regional Caribbean Manager for TWA. I have searched all of the Caribbean for the "perfect" destination. During my years of travel I had never gone to Aruba...until 2 years ago. We just returned from Aruba yesterday - I am missing it already. I cannot speak highly enough of this beautiful Island and the people that live there. We love it so much we have purchased a timeshare at the Divi Phoenix! There is NO other Island (in my opinion) with more friendly people, beautiful beaches, things to do, amazing food...I could go on and on. This is the only Island that I have not been harassed by locals selling anything. The only Island with AMAZING food at reasonable prices. I feel like with the great restaurants that are reasonably priced an all inclusive is NOT worth it on this Island. It is safe - gives you the freedom to walk and walk without worry. We met wonderful people at the Divi as did our children - we so look forward to forming friendships with these people year after year. I children are still talking about their "Aruba friends" and when they will be seeing them again. Everyone watches out for each others children - such a great bunch of people. I am thrilled with our choice to be at the Divi Phoenix - it might be on the very end of the high rise hotels but it is just a short walk beach side to get where you need too. The beach was MUCH less crowded as was the pool - and this was during a very peak week.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsschneid View Post
    I feel like with the great restaurants that are reasonably priced an all inclusive is NOT worth it on this Island.
    Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the timeshare.

Would you mind sharing some of your favorite restaurants?

Baby Beach, The Beach at Divi Phoenix. The Fontein Caves. Anywhere where my feet are touching sand!

I will be forwarding this thread link to my Best Friend!

I am so happy you wrote this. I stayed at the DIVI too and am addicted to Aruba now. It is definitely paradise. I am now single and that is not stopping me from going back this JUNE! I am taking my girlfriends! I am going to forward this to her so she can read your post. She doesnt believe in the "Aruba Bug" but I definitely got it. You know the bug where you sometime catch yourself daydreaming about the beautiful colors, scents and even the textures Aruba has to offer. It is like a sensory high!
    Jokingly I told her that it is like someone picked up the friendly mentality of the south and dropped it on a beautiful island. You get the best of all the worlds. What could you possibly complain about when visiting Aruba in a natural sense? The sunburn? It is worth it to me to lather on suncreen everyday if it means I can be in Aruba!