Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Just Got Back...

These photos are from June 24, 3 pm

I did notice the large sign stating the swimming pool is only open until 7 pm
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-07-2013 at 01:34 PM.

SWEET- gotta love the pictures.

Rick: have you seen the trip advisors reviews on this hotel.

Its a wonder its still in business with all the negative comments.

I had to stop reading it coz it really was making me crazy.

We will be staying here in Sept. (a slower week then July/August I am sure of it.

What happens if you use a lounger that has towels on it but no one was there for the past 2 hours???

the occidental has the highest hotel occupancy rate in aruba.
    as far as complaint's, i'm at the hotel every few month's and i notice and speak to many who complain, waited too long for bottled water in the room to be delivered, they may not get a palapa, expect drink's to be brought while lounging like in mexico, sorry aruba is not mexico.
    as an example one evening we ate dinner in the royal club, 5 other couples were dining in the royal club, but they were not royal club member's. the reason they were all people who complained and wanted compensation!!! their complaint's ridiculous, some people play this game regularly.
    as far as towel's on chair's usually the beach attendant's will remove towels after couple hour's if no one show's, usually the palapas are held this way..
    don't believe the reviews, this hotel is great and fun.....
    sorry i'll miss you, we return oct 8th

as for the pool bar closing at 7, ten feet away is a bar open very late. so getting a drink is always at your disposal.

My biggest anxiety-- Time shares are supposed to be from Saturday to Saturday but because of work crap with honey- he can not take off on Saturday so we arrive on Sunday.

Do you think we will be able to get reservations for dinner for the week with arriving so late?

I have a phone number to call on the Saturday before we arrive
    Last edited by serene56; 07-20-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Next year, because we have booked a specific suite with a certain room configuration, we must book Saturday to Saturday. This year, because we just booked two regular rooms from an owner, we got Sunday to Sunday.
    If you just book through the hotel or agent, you can go any day.
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

Quote Originally Posted by dogwriter View Post
    Next year, because we have booked a specific suite with a certain room configuration, we must book Saturday to Saturday. This year, because we just booked two regular rooms from an owner, we got Sunday to Sunday.
    If you just book through the hotel or agent, you can go any day.
    Walt

it depends on when the vacation club was purchased.

my club is saturday to saturday,. with AI IS mandatory.

I did not know we could request a certain room configuration- thought we could only get a king bed

Wouldnt it been cheaper to book a delux one bedroom unit instead of two rooms?
    Last edited by serene56; 07-20-2011 at 05:08 PM.

serene56, call friday ask for guest services, explain you were to arrive sat, but a problem
    created a sunday arrival, i'm sure they will help.

as far as the deluxe room, dogwriter, most likely opted for 2 hotel unit's in exchange for 1 room deluxe, the deluxe has 1 bedroom, and the other room is pullout sofa and kitchen.
    so if you have more than 2 people swapping a deluxe for 2 hotel room's makes sense.

can quest services help me---even if I am a vacation member? i thought it was different

Quote Originally Posted by ricky59 View Post
    kellyc, the hotel does have internet sevice, pay for wifi in your room, or buy a card for internet service near the lobby elevators. as far as snorkeling, in the lobby is depalm tours
    i would book thru them, the boat leaves from the pier in front of the radisson, the radisson is right next door..

what is better- the WIFI for the room or the card?

would you know the costs?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast