Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 57
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Just Got Back...

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    528
    Cool- I didnt know I could take my delux one bedroom and turn it in for 2 hotel rooms- Will keep that for future reference.


    Here is more questions:

    do you tip at an All Inclusive? Maids? Bartenders? how about the restruants?

  2. #42
    Senior Member dogwriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    Cool- I didnt know I could take my delux one bedroom and turn it in for 2 hotel rooms- Will keep that for future reference.


    Here is more questions:

    do you tip at an All Inclusive? Maids? Bartenders? how about the restruants?
    Yes. Yes. Yes and Yes. All of the above. Bring one dollar bills. We always tip but some folks never do.
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by dogwriter View Post
    Yes. Yes. Yes and Yes. All of the above. Bring one dollar bills. We always tip but some folks never do.
    Walt

    Could you please give me a guideline on what to tip?

    if I go to a bar and ask for a drink--not too strong-- what will I give him?

    What should I tip at the dining places??

    would I tip at the buffet??

  4. #44
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,900
    Tipping at the Tamarijn

    [SIZE="3"]http://www.aruba.com/forum/f22/tipping-tamarijn-29538/
    check out this thread above.

    once you tip the bartender, he/she will remember you.
    i would say maybe $5 + to the bartender daily.

    housekeeper...............$3 - 5 a day......maybe more if she is SUPER.

    dining places.............. good question too, at the Tamarijn when we stayed there, we left $6- 8 every night at the a'la carte restaurants. "supposedly" tips are already included, but i don't know if the staff are tipped appropriately.

    buffet.........breakfast and lunch...........left a few dollars each time.

    /SIZE]



    Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    Could you please give me a guideline on what to tip?

    if I go to a bar and ask for a drink--not too strong-- what will I give him?

    What should I tip at the dining places??

    would I tip at the buffet??

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    528
    with the bartender-- do we tip with each drink or just in the begining of the day?

    (will they expect that 5.00 tip every drink?)

    is the 5.00 for both or should be tip for each one of us.? (joe will drink only soda)
    Would it be better if we tipped $1.00 with each drink? or is that too cheap?
    --
    Buffet- do you leave it on the table? or hand it to a waiter?
    (I expect to get omelets- I will tip that person directly.

  6. #46
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,900
    a day, not per drink.
    all bar tips are pooled and split after each shift.



    the buffet tip, hand it to the waiter.

    check out the link i provided in my other post.
    "tipping at the tamarijn"
    same concept as where you are staying.


    Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    with the bartender-- do we tip with each drink or just in the begining of the day?

    (will they expect that 5.00 tip every drink?)

    is the 5.00 for both or should be tip for each one of us.? (joe will drink only soda)
    Would it be better if we tipped $1.00 with each drink? or is that too cheap?
    --
    Buffet- do you leave it on the table? or hand it to a waiter?
    (I expect to get omelets- I will tip that person directly.

  7. #47
    Senior Member dogwriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    122
    We leave a daily tip for the maid($4or$5) and if we request something in the mini-fridge we leave a couple of dollars.
    Buffets are usually two-three dollars but at the Beach Grille we had Daryl every day and got quite friendly, so we left more.
    At the bar, a dollar per order unless you are sitting for a while. Then a five will cover your stay.
    We didn't do dinner there so I can't answer for the Occidental, but at other A-Is, we leave ten for the table of four.
    We either hand the tip to the buffet waiter or leave it under something on the table if he or she is not around.
    We also tip the luggage handlers who get us to the room. Usually a five (or six if we have too many bags.)
    We usually bring $100.00 in ones and fives to take care of the week.
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

  8. #48
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Tipping at the Tamarijn

    "
    Quote Originally Posted by Cple View Post
    Hi,,,, We stay at the Tam often. It is very true, the bartenders and wait staff, will never forget you. We always give a gratuity,when we first arrive, especially the bartenders. You will never wait for a drink. If they know what you drink, and they see you walking their direction,, the drink will be on the bar waiting for you. ,,,,,, Have a great trip.
    This is exactly what we ended up doing. Worked great and did get us better service, most days. Eventually we learned who the tips were useless with.

    Then we found out our 11 yo. was having a REALLY tough time getting her fix of ice cream (it is NOT self serve and is behind the bar so requires the cook or one of the bartenders to get it) and virgin Miami Vices. Dh and I dragged her down to the bar first thing when they opened at 11 a.m. one morning and introduced her as our daughter along with the tip. She NEVER had difficulty getting served after that. "

    I doubt it matter what resort you are staying at. You are going to discover that there are servers, bartenders etc, that regardless how much you tip you will receive poor service and others excellent service.

    There is one bartender in particular at the Tamarijn who we tip, besides the daily tip which is pooled, who we take aside and tip at the end of their shift on our last day.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    528
    I'd like to keep my luggage with me if possible.

    Someone is there now- arrived at 1pm was told the room was not available til 4pm and did not get luggage until after 6pm (yikes)
    ---
    I really do appreciate all your tips on tipping.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    I'd like to keep my luggage with me if possible.

    Someone is there now- arrived at 1pm was told the room was not available til 4pm and did not get luggage until after 6pm (yikes)
    ---
    I really do appreciate all your tips on tipping.

    That stinks!

    When we arrived at the Radisson in June our room was not ready and we left our luggage with the bellmen.

    An hour later when our room was ready, the luggage was already in the room. We think the bellmen took the luggage straight up when we left it with them. They didn't want it in their way so let the housekeeper deal with it

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO