Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Just Got Back...

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    I'd like to keep my luggage with me if possible.

Someone is there now- arrived at 1pm was told the room was not available til 4pm and did not get luggage until after 6pm (yikes)
    ---
    I really do appreciate all your tips on tipping.
    We feel the same way, but when we arrived, the rooms were not ready either. Left everything with the bellman and went to eat a late lunch at the Beach Grille. They brought our stuff to the rooms after lunch, all intact.
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Tipping at the Tamarijn

"
    This is exactly what we ended up doing. Worked great and did get us better service, most days. Eventually we learned who the tips were useless with.

Then we found out our 11 yo. was having a REALLY tough time getting her fix of ice cream (it is NOT self serve and is behind the bar so requires the cook or one of the bartenders to get it) and virgin Miami Vices. Dh and I dragged her down to the bar first thing when they opened at 11 a.m. one morning and introduced her as our daughter along with the tip. She NEVER had difficulty getting served after that. "

I doubt it matter what resort you are staying at. You are going to discover that there are servers, bartenders etc, that regardless how much you tip you will receive poor service and others excellent service.

There is one bartender in particular at the Tamarijn who we tip, besides the daily tip which is pooled, who we take aside and tip at the end of their shift on our last day.
    In Mexico this Spring, at the Royal Playa del Carmen, they had drink service at the beach and pools. A good tip in the morning got us continuous service all day. Servers were moved around frequently, but if they saw us in another area, they would come over to get us drinks, remembering us from the day before.
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

Quote Originally Posted by dogwriter View Post
    In Mexico this Spring, at the Royal Playa del Carmen, they had drink service at the beach and pools. A good tip in the morning got us continuous service all day. Servers were moved around frequently, but if they saw us in another area, they would come over to get us drinks, remembering us from the day before.
    Walt
    I LOVE to see when this "system" works flawlessly

My daily question:

who/what

who puts stuff in the refrigerator?

and what kinds of stuff can be in there?

and can we request what we want?

Absolutely Love the Occidental!!! Best people in the world!!! Closest Beach! Can't Wait to Get Back!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelVito View Post
    Absolutely Love the Occidental!!! Best people in the world!!! Closest Beach! Can't Wait to Get Back!

Glad to see people here write so posatively of the Occidental. going to be there for Labor Day week on a Romance Package and after booking read some iffy reviews elsewhere. Its our 25th Anniversary and are really looking forward to it. Never did an AI before but we figured it would be the most econimical way to go, especially with drinks.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456