Aruba Beach

Thread: Just got back from Aruba On Monday night

Just got back from Aruba On Monday night

And how we hated to leave!! It was our 5th trip (and our daughters 1st).
    I won the trip (if you remember) and stayed at the Marriot Steallris which was so beautiful!
    La Vista inside the Marriot's breakfast was awesome and the kids eat free. SOOO YUMMY!
    We stayed there for 5 days & 4 nights and then moved to the Holiday Inn for another 2 nights. Wow the rooms in the Holiday Inn need a renovation! I mean for the price you can't complain though but if you sat on the toilet bowl in the holiday Inn the door to go into the bathroom just misses hitting the bowl . The pool area at the Holiday Inn was alot of fun though (daily games and activities) and the staff is really nice! They also make you wear wristbands too which I didn't care for.
    Texas de Brazil was on of our favorites...we ate there twice. We also went to the Bucaneer and like every year we went, we enjoyed it.
    One of my daughters told me from the day we got there "Mommy can you shake the coconut tree and make the coconuts fall so I can drink from it with a straw?", and she kept asking and asking....oneday near Baby Beach we saw two guys on the side of the road selling coconuts and they cut it open and she got to drink from a straw!!! She drank the WHOLE thing and that night vomitted the entire night. I think I slept 45 minutes the whole night, I was so worried about her. I think it made her sick?
    The highlight of my trip is that I got to meet luvsun and her wonderful Husband! We made what I hope to be lifelong friends with them. They are two really fun and amazing people. Luvsun and I participated in a tattoo contest at the pool at the Holiday Inn...what a BLAST! We couldn't have had more fun.
    I also did my girls Christmas photos myself while in Aruba and just made my Christmas card and it came out AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
    We were surprised to see NO goats or donkeys this trip. Some locals told us it is because the owners keep them confined now for whatever reason.
    Every visit I love that Island more and more.
    Last edited by jenn630; 11-20-2009 at 09:54 PM.

Hope the little one is better,wow that was a big straw,no wonder she got sick.Warm coconut milk and sun,not a good combination.Glad you all had a wonderful time.It must have bin a shock to go from the Marriott to the Holiday Inn.

[QUOTE=DANNYO;157863]Hope the little one is better,wow that was a big straw,no wonder she got sick.Warm coconut milk and sun,not a good combination.Glad you all had a wonderful time.It must have bin a shock to go from the Marriott to the Holiday Inn.

/QUOTE]

LMAO! Yes it was! I should have stayed at the Holiday Inn first THEN the Marriot!

Aruba since 1979
    coconut milk/juice yuk been there done that cept my vomiting was from the other end.......for days.

if you ever get stranded on a desert island the coconut juice will kill you. it will cause diarrhea and vomiting and you will die of dehydration all the while you think you are hydrating.

your poor daughter yuk to be so sick on vacation.

glad your trip was splendiforous.

and the christmas card photo?
    we NEED to see it.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-21-2009 at 11:57 PM.

Hey Jenn, it was great meeting you too! got a few good pictures.
    as you know our trip was a success and we'll keep you posted.
    Scotts Brats
    Playa Linda Resort
    facebook - Legends Pub Aruba
    legendspubaruba.com
    Legends Pub