Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got back on Sunday!

Just got back on Sunday!

It was another wonderful 17 nights in paradise. Will post photos and a trip report soon.

My favorite new restaurant: Papillon (went there twice)

Also went to the Butterfly Farm for the first time (thought it was beautiful.)

Horseback riding at Gold Mine Ranch again....had the friskiest horse - he was young and it was like riding a wound-up puppy. Good ride but I was exhausted by the end.....finally let him have his way when we were headed back to the ranch and he broke into a full gallop and we left everyone in the dust.

Beach was wonderful, clear every day....could see fish at my feet and could still see the bottom when I swam out to the buoys.

Amsterdam Manor....love the staff, love my room.....

Went to a wedding on Ren Island - what a fun night! Great food, drinks, and dancing til 11pm right on the beach. Haven't danced that much in ages!

Now...need to start planning trip #21...
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Sounds wonderful! Can you give more details on Papillion?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    glad that you are back safe and sound

a full gallop....................whew!
    next time we overlap in aruba we HAVE to ride together.

awaiting pictures and all of the news of the island

andrea

Welcome home! Cannot wait to hear the details.

Randi - here's the website for Papillon:

http://www.papillonaruba.com/

It's located in The Village across the street from the Radisson. Great food and atmosphere. Definitely one of our favorites.

Andrea - yes, next time we're on the island at the same time we'll have to ride together. I don't ride as much as I used to and this horse was a little too much for me. I couldn't even take any photos while we were out riding because he would never just stand (had to keep him going in circles.) It was our guide, myself, and 3 of my girlfriends. I was ahead of everyone the whole way....felt like I was out there riding all by myself a couple of times and had to keep looking back at our guide for him to point me in the right direction. LOL!! I think next time I will ask for a horse that is a little less spirited so I can enjoy my ride a little more. LOL!!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Question If only one...

Papillon or Screaming Eagle?

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Papillon or Screaming Eagle?
    Ohhhh....that's a tough one but....I would go with Screaming Eagle. We had an excellent dinner there (Erwin cooked for us off the menu.)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Ohhhh....that's a tough one but....I would go with Screaming Eagle. We had an excellent dinner there (Erwin cooked for us off the menu.)
    Dh loved their carte blanche! Truly uncanny that there were items he either loved or was intrigued by, but enjoyed every morsel.

Welcome back Amy, looking forward to hearing all the great news and looking at pictures. I know you are going to enjoy booking your #21 trip trip.

Welcome back! Looking forward to the report and photos of the fridge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast