Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got back on Sunday!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    It was another wonderful 17 nights in paradise. Will post photos and a trip report soon.

Went to a wedding on Ren Island - what a fun night! Great food, drinks, and dancing til 11pm right on the beach. Haven't danced that much in ages!

Now...need to start planning trip #21...
    Welcome back ~Amy~...wow, 17 days went by fast. Glad to hear your trip was perfect.
    Please report on the wedding you attended. Looking forward to hearing all about it. I know..its a great place !!!!
    We'll be there in 29 days !

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Welcome back ~Amy~...wow, 17 days went by fast. Glad to hear your trip was perfect.
    Please report on the wedding you attended. Looking forward to hearing all about it. I know..its a great place !!!!
    We'll be there in 29 days !
    Actually, I thought my 17 days went by nice and slow - it was a good long vacation and didn't seem fast to us at all - we were all on island time.

The only downside to Ren Island was being attacked by mosquitoes at dusk. The ceremony was great as the sun was going down but as soon as the sun went down.....they were all over us (and everyone at the wedding sprayed with Off prior to the ceremony - they had several cans for us.) So we re-sprayed again....helped a little. It wasn't just one or two mosquitoes that would land on you...it was like a small army. As the father of the bride said to me half jokingly "This was not in the brochure". LOL!! After enduring about a half hour of this and wondering how we could all get a boat back to shore, it was dark and they went away (or they were "full" - not sure which - LOL!) We then all relaxed, had drinks, had a wonderful dinner (food was amazing), more drinks, a ton of different desserts to pick from, and then....alot of dancing (and more drinking.) Maybe the drinking helped us stop from itching! LOL!! Actually, it was very pretty ceremony and the reception was beautiful...it was just that one half hour that we had to get through. When we got back to our hotel we all jumped in the pool at about midnight...felt so refreshing from the bites and the Off.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Reception area for the wedding at Ren Island:

~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    renaissance SHOULD do something about those mosquitos.
    they could do some landscaping and take away the breeding places.
    they also should be spraying.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    they could do some landscaping and take away the breeding places.
    I am pretty sure that biologists on the island are trying to prevent destroying the mangroves. Didn't I read somewhere that they were coming from there?

they also should be spraying.

andrea
    Great solution.

The mangroves and all of the other plant life on the island are beautiful. We even got to watch tiny little crabs find a shell (home) and crawl away with it....there were dozens of small shells moving on the beach all at once.

They obviously know that there is a mosquito problem because they had cans and cans of OFF for all of us to use right before the ceremony (at that time we didn't think anything of it but sprayed anyway.) After the ceremony at dusk, we literally ran for those cans again to re-spray. There were about 50 of us in total and we all smelled the same! LOL!! Jenny (the bride) kept apologizing to everyone (she's so sweet.) Even the open bar was not enticing anyone away from their scratching - LOL!! But we survived our 1/2 hour of torture and were treated to a great party!

Thanks Amy....glad to hear about Amsterdam. We did decide to have everyone stay there for our wedding. We will check out your recommendations!

Amy...welcome home...glad to know your trip was wonderful..of course we would not except anything less !!!!
    Pix of reception looked nice..aside from bugs, glad to know it was a nice time...
    Post more pix !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Eagle Beach and love venturing out throughout the whole island

Welcome back Amy

Love to hear all about your stay. who's wedding did you attend? sounds like you had a wonderful time. we will be leaving 11/14 - never stayed at the AM
    you always talk so nice about this place apparently it is great as you always return., who do I contact to get reservations.
    arubadebbi

Quote Originally Posted by arubadebbi View Post
    Love to hear all about your stay. who's wedding did you attend? sounds like you had a wonderful time. we will be leaving 11/14 - never stayed at the AM
    you always talk so nice about this place apparently it is great as you always return., who do I contact to get reservations.
    arubadebbi
    We always email Janine - Email: reservations@amsterdammanor.aw

They're offering some specials right now at the link below but also check out their prices on Expedia or at MCM Tours, too (sometimes they can be lower):

http://www.amsterdammanor.com/en/hotel_room_rates.html

Going to load more photos today and hopefully start working on the trip report before everything is gone from my memory.....

Here's a link to a few more wedding photos that I posted. The parents of the bride are good friends of ours that we meet in Aruba every year (we met them back around 1999 or so in Aruba.) They (and their kids) have become like a "second family" to us:

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/bul...b6d12ebccb0cc4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12