Aruba Beach

Thread: Just Returned From 7 Glorious Days!

Just Returned From 7 Glorious Days!

Just Returned From 7 Glorious Days In Aruba!!! Everything Went So Well Starting With Great Flight From Logan On Jet Blue Non-stop. We Stayed At The Hyatt And Just Couldn't Believe The Beauty Of This Place - The Only Thing That Topped That Was The Outstanding Service Of Everyone There. Ate At M.j's, Texas D Brazill, Casa Tua, Lg Smiths, Also Two Nites At The Hyatt, And Had Their Champage Brunch On Sunday Which Is Indescribable!! I Have Never Seen Anything Like It. Went Horseback Riding To The Natural Pool ( Still Sore) And That Was So Beautiful. Did Alot Of Walking And One Day Walked From The Hyatt To The Tamarijn Because Everyone Here Talks So Highly About It That I Just Had To See It. Wow Was That Far!!! Had To Take The Bus Back. I Was A Little Disapointed As I Had Not Been There In 18 Years And There Is No Beach There!! Also, We Had 7 Days Of 90's And Sunny - No Rain At All. The Wind Was A Little Strong As Always But That Is What Keep Us Cool!!!

Joanie A

Thanks a lot for the report, I wonder what is up with the high winds. It seems a great deal of people are commenting on them. Wish I was there to get blasted by them!!!

I Did Not Find It Bothersome At All. But It Was A Little Stronger Than The Last Time We Were There Last April. Also - I Forgot To Tell Everyone There Is A New Mall In The High Rise Area And There Is A Mini-market There That Sells Beer, Wine, And Liquor. We Got Corona For 2.80 Per Bottle Which Was Really A Good Price Instead Of Taking The Cab To Ling And Songs. Also Wine Prices Were Good Too.

Joanie A

Could you direct me to the mini market. Would be staying at the Radisson.
    I guess its a walking distance?

The Minimarket Is In The New Hacienda Makerplace Directly Across From Playa Linda. There Are Several New Shops And Restaurants, A Cinema, Etc. The Minimarket Is Right Inside The Mall Area. We Walked Over There Several Times From The Hyatt - Just A Few Minutes Walk. The Prices Were Good Compared To What You Pay At The Hotels For Beer. I Know Last Year We Took A Cab To Ling And Sons And There Prices Were Better But Not Great. They Also Have Wine, Snacks, Etc.

Joanie A

We will be staying at the Surf Club in 1 month! Is this mini market within walking distance to the Surf Club? We planned on getting staples - coffee, bread, milk, snacks, salad, fruit, etc.

Is it worth it to stop on the way in at Ling & Sons? Price wise. I am also thinking that if check in is slow at the Surf Club any ice cream could melt.

Thanks so much!
    Linda

It Is In Walking Distance To The Surf Club - But A Little Bit Of A Walk. It Is Just A Small Store With Beer, Wine, Soda, Water, Liquor And Snacks. I Think If You Need A Grocery Order You Should Go To Ling And Sons. But For A Few Things The Prices Weren't Bad.

Joanie A

Thank-you for the report.....GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!