Aruba Beach

Thread: Just returned after 17 wonderful days in Aruba!!

Just returned after 17 wonderful days in Aruba!!

Had another great Sept. in Aruba with friends and hubby!! Got a little too busy again but hubby was a trooper (as always!)

I took a ton of photos....trip report and photos will be coming within the next week or so. Just need to take a little time to get caught up on work first and try to remember what it is I actually do for a living again!

Restaurant favorites this year:
    The Old Man And The Sea
    Passions
    Screaming Eagle
    Papiamento

Only one place I would not return and that is Texas de Brazil. We've been to similar places so the novelty is gone for me. We had a "one free birthday dinner" coupon and even using that the price was still higher per person than most restaurants in Aruba (I went there with 2 girlfriends.) The food is good but I just cannot eat that much so it's kind of a waste of money for me.....and a pitcher of Sangria.....$44!!!!!

Favorite new (for me) tour this year was The Gold Mine Ranch for horseback riding. Nice place, family run, and they take out 6 people max at a time (it was just myself, my two girlfriends, and the guide so it was like having a private ride.)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    looking forward to your report, and hearing about the restaurants, esp. The old man and the sea...thanks, cindy

Welcome home kiddo! I am so jealous...but will look forward to your pictures and trip report. Glad to have you back.

Aruba since 1979
    glad that you had a good time

have ridden with gold mine too and i do like their style, their horses have great feet and it is a nice ride.

welcome home look forward to pix and the story

andrea

Amy, Glad to know you had a nice time....can't wait for restaurant reports as I am leaving in 41 days....whooppeeee !!
    Can't wait for photos also...
    Isn't it awful that after spending such a relaxing time for 17 days you have to come back and return to work...yuk....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Wait a minute.............

It's been 17 days already? Wow that went fast, feels like you were just leaving a week ago. That's the only part I hate about going to Aruba, no matter how long we go for it always goes too fast! Welcome back, I leave 2 weeks from this Friday.

Thanks, everyone! Just trying to get back to reality again (ugh!)

Actually, Mark, the time went by really slow for a change while I was there. It was a nice amount of time to have without thinking about going home until the last couple of days. It felt weird packing and leaving "my room" on that last day - was beginning to feel like I lived in Suite 2 at Amsterdam Manor!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Hi Amy,

Welcome home. Glad you had a wonderful time in Aruba once again.

Looking forward to your trip report and seeing your photos. I'm especially interested in The Old Man and The Sea . Sounds like a place Donna and I might try.

We are off to Maui a week today. Looking forward to it. We'll be celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary when we are there. (Oct.12). There must be some kind of medal for Donna for putting up with me for so long, don't you think?"

Anyway, take care and welcome back.

Glenn

Hl Glenn! Have a GREAT TIME in Maui and make sure you find a very nice medal (diamond! ) for Donna!

You definitely will have to try The Old Man And The Sea - very nice, romantic place with great food.

I'll have photos and a trip report up within a week or so. Just loaded 377 photos last night!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    We are off to Maui a week today. Looking forward to it. We'll be celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary when we are there. (Oct.12). There must be some kind of medal for Donna for putting up with me for so long, don't you think?"
    Glenn
    <<wish he wasn't frowning, should be smiling Yes, happy anniversary and have a wonderful vacation.