Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just returned from first trip

jer

Talking Just returned from first trip

Greetings!
    My wife and I just got home from our first trip to Aruba. I am truly surprised how much I miss the island. I read this forum extensively leading up to our trip. We stayed at the Renaissance and enjoyed the all-inclusive package. We got around the island a little, but we still have more to experience when we get back. I surprised my wife with a sunset vow renewal after ten years of marriage. Rev. Gibson helped me plan the ceremony and was outstanding. My wife didn't know a thing until we met Rev. Gibson on the beach!
    Anyway.....I just wanted to check in here as I enjoyed the advice I picked up here before the amazing experience in Aruba. I think I read somewhere on this forum that we all wish we had a genie who could grant us more time on this special island.....that's how I am feeling now!
    Jer

Another Aruba Addict! The only cure is to plan another trip!

jer
    Seriously.......I am already trying to figure out when we can get back!

PS: sorry I posted this in the introduction section!

Aruba since 1979
    no sweat
    i moved it

glad you had a ball!!

Quote Originally Posted by jer View Post
    Seriously.......I am already trying to figure out when we can get back!

PS: sorry I posted this in the introduction section!

jer
    Aruba is really under my skin! I have been home for just two days, but the intensity of my thoughts is different than anything I've experienced. We have been to many destinations and there's always that fondness to return or just the post-trip blues....this seems different. The strangest thing is that the island is made for tourists, but it has a vibe that is MUCH less "touristy" than other places. It's difficult to explain, but I'm quite sure it's real because we met many people there who are return visitors....people who have been going back for years and years because they feel the love.

As you said, I'm another Aruba addict.

PS: I have gotten a couple PMs but cannot reply yet because I am a new member. I will reply as soon as I am able!

Jer

Aruba since 1979
    unlike disney or hawaii or other vacation destinations , aruba markets itself without being crass and insulting our intelligence. this forum is owned and operated by the aruba tourism authority. the tourism authority (located near talk of the town) has an incredible marketing dept. they provide this forum. sometimes this forum is the first "welcome to aruba" the person receives.

it's all about the kindness, safety, beaches and the hospitality.

what other destination has such an intense committed following?
    none as far as i can see.

Aruba is really under my skin! I have been home for just two days, but the intensity of my thoughts is different than anything I've experienced. We have been to many destinations and there's always that fondness to return or just the post-trip blues....this seems different. The strangest thing is that the island is made for tourists, but it has a vibe that is MUCH less "touristy" than other places. It's difficult to explain, but I'm quite sure it's real because we met many people there who are return visitors....people who have been going back for years and years because they feel the love.

As you said, I'm another Aruba addict.

PS: I have gotten a couple PMs but cannot reply yet because I am a new member. I will reply as soon as I am able!

Jer

jer
    Well put! BTW....I just bought a Powerball ticket. It's not something I typically do, but I'm going to indulge my fantasy.

Aruba since 1979
    if you win, i know where to go for a loan, but a gift would be nicer :-)

Well put! BTW....I just bought a Powerball ticket. It's not something I typically do, but I'm going to indulge my fantasy.

jer
    Ha!!!! If I do win, you've got the gift....I'll meet you down there!
    It was so funny at the store. I'm up in Rhode Island where it's cold and rainy. I was in line waiting to pay for the paper....all tan from the trip and wearing shorts.....and I saw the $70 million Powerball sign. Out loud, I said, "I gotta get back to Aruba."
    Jer

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    I am going to Aruba in 45 days for the first time and I cannot wait!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast