Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just returned from first trip to Aruba..

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiianmoonlight View Post
    I'd like to spend a nice evening near the water with music & the waves gently rolling onto the shore as we remember our wedding day 23 yrs.ago.
    I am not Kmoore, but can suggestion Passions at the Amsterdam Manor. We had an excellent dinner on the beach for our anniversary in June. From my review:

"Friday night for our anniversary, a friend as well as my parents, had recommended Passions on the beach at the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort.

When we arrived we were immediately greeted by Diana the hostess/maître d' and everything from the food to the service, it was nothing less than perfect and a wonderful evening. Our table was closest to the water with torches and a lantern on the table. I can imagine how nice it would be at sunset, however since we can view that from the comfort of our patio, and like to eat later, dining under the stars with the Aruban tradewinds are just delightful in my book!

Dd had Caesar Salad with shrimp and a seafood sampler platter with Caribbean lobster tail, shrimp, grouper and mahi-mahi. I had a filet mignon and dh had grilled grouper and shrimp with a creamy spicy sauce. For an appetizer he had goat cheese with prosciutto, arugula and honey dressing, I had a crab salad. Everything was delicious! If anyone has that recipe for the crab salad you just pass it on to me please!

Dessert was amazing ...a sampler with full size portions of cheese cake, tiramisu, raspberry mousse, key lime pie and chocolate cake. Even dd had a double decaf Espresso. We practically rolled back to the Tamarijn."

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/passions+restaurant.html
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/restaurants+romantic.html

Also see the post from Amy, a frequent Aruba visitor. You will need to rent a car to get to the OMTS. Taxi fare will run you about $60 roundtrip to there of the Flying Fishbone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    Had another great Sept. in Aruba with friends and hubby!! Got a little too busy again but hubby was a trooper (as always!)

I took a ton of photos....trip report and photos will be coming within the next week or so. Just need to take a little time to get caught up on work first and try to remember what it is I actually do for a living again!

Restaurant favorites this year:
    The Old Man And The Sea
    Passions
    Screaming Eagle
    Papiamento

Only one place I would not return and that is Texas de Brazil. We've been to similar places so the novelty is gone for me. We had a "one free birthday dinner" coupon and even using that the price was still higher per person than most restaurants in Aruba (I went there with 2 girlfriends.) The food is good but I just cannot eat that much so it's kind of a waste of money for me.....and a pitcher of Sangria.....$44!!!!!

Favorite new (for me) tour this year was The Gold Mine Ranch for horseback riding. Nice place, family run, and they take out 6 people max at a time (it was just myself, my two girlfriends, and the guide so it was like having a private ride.)

BGP
    Hi! We will be staying at Bucuti in Dec for our honeymoon. Glad to hear you had such a great time! Was it complicated getting married in Aruba? Tell me about what is near Bucuti to do.

Do you really have to get up early to reserve one of the palapas or pool chairs?

Do you really have to get up early to reserve one of the palapas or pool chairs?
    There are rarely shortages of chaise lounges. It is the limited number of palapas.

Depends on where you are staying and how high their occupancy is while you are there. Yes generally you do need to claim your shade by 8 or 9 at the latest. Again, depending on where you stay.

It seems that the Amsterdam Manor is about the best for availability of palapas and the Riu as well as Marriott Ocean and Surf Clubs the worst.

Some resorts such as the Hyatt and Westin allow gets to reserve palapas in advance for a FEE! I believe it runs in the area of $25 - $35. Some people are willing to pay the price to be able to arrive on the beach when they like and not have to worry about waking early.

The Radisson has a system where you can reserve you palapa for the following day, free of charge, at 4 p.m. the day before. Everyone stands on line at 4 p.m. instead of early morning when the towel hut opens.

Oh boy, well we are staying @ the Marriott Stellaris. I'm usually up early (5am) for work, so being up even @ 7a to reserve a palapa wouldn't be a problem. Can anyone walk to the Riu or Amsterdam manor and grab a palapa?

Oh boy, well we are staying @ the Marriott Stellaris. I'm usually up early (5am) for work, so being up even @ 7a to reserve a palapa wouldn't be a problem. Can anyone walk to the Riu or Amsterdam manor and grab a palapa?
    For the time of year you are traveling, I don't believe you would have any problem. As a matter of fact, you could probably even sleep in until 8 a.m. and still get a palapa. It might not be directly in the front row, but it will be shade nonetheless. http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.5807011&lon=-70.0438392&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2

You would need to get up at 5 a.m. to get a palapa at the Riu and the Amsterdam Manor is quite a long walk, but palapas are for the use of each individual resort's guests anyway.

You will be fine.

Is the Stellaris the bottom hotel? Lots of palapas, if all those "dots" are them. Hope you don't mind, but you are surely my "go to girl"!
    Next Aruba trip in

never mind, I see where it is...
    Next Aruba trip in

never mind, I see where it is...
    Yes, when you open the link it is centered on the Stellaris. The two vacation clubs are directly south.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12