Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Just returned last night from Divi Resorts

Unhappy Just returned last night from Divi Resorts

We returned last night from Aruba. We came home to an iced driveway and 24 degree temperature. UGH!! I miss Aruba so much I keep thinking of what would we be doing right now?? We spent a week at Divi Resorts the Golf Link. It was fantasic as usual. I am happy to report I finally made it into Wacky-Wahoos. It did not dissapoint at all. The food was fresh and plentiful. This was my third attempt to go there and I told the man I would not leave Aruba till I ate there this time. LOL. He fit me in. If you cannot get a reservation prior to leaving you have to go there in person when on the island.

We also made a visit to Palpiamentos. I do not like to say negative things but outside of the ambiance which is incredible, I would not return. I think it is overpriced and the food was mediocre at best given the prices in comparison to other places. Just my opinion.

Madamn Jeanettes is a top contender and remains as delicious and wonderful as always. I will never miss this place. It was just a great night out in a wonderful place. The food is top notch.

We also ate at the Driftwood and for those looking for a deal I would find it hard press to find any better deal out there. $25.95 for 3 courses which includes there fresh catch of the day. I had blackened mahi/mahi and it was delicious. I also love Escargots although not for everyone and they are included for the appetizer on the special which run aloe $9.50. It also includes a nice dessert/coffee or tea. Service was impeccable and I felt it was a good value. We also visited the famous Scots Brats. Ahh well it was not what I expected. no coffee? You have to go to Dunkin next door for coffee. We had a breakfast sandwich it is fine. A good place for getting a sandwich on the beach I would suppose. For breakfast my favorite place hands down, is Matthews by the Sea. Can't be beat. It is right on the beach and it is our favorite. It is in front of Casa Del Mar, full breakfast for $8.95. All and all a great time, and of course we always go to Igauana Joes for a sandwich and ribs. I really wish I would have made some others. Too little time. I will pick new ones next year. I hated to leave but back to reality. We really missed some bad weather here on the east coast. I can't wait for next year!

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for sharing!!!
    i am going to forward this thread to member LUVSUN, (owner Scott's Brats).
    constructive criticism is always good.
    maybe they can purchase a kuerig coffee maker so that you and others can get a cup of joe with breakfast sandwich.
    i am wondering if their "lease" specifies no coffee as a non competition clause with Dunkin?

again thank you for your reviews!!!

Yes, we are not allowed to sell coffee per our lease. We also are not allowed to sell burgers, fries, or anything sold by other vendors at Playa Linda. I don't think it is too much of an inconvenience to get coffee 20 feet away at Dunkin Donuts and then come over for a sandwich. Rarely does anyone complain about this.
    Scotts Brats
    Playa Linda Resort
    facebook - Legends Pub Aruba
    legendspubaruba.com
    Legends Pub

When we go to Scott's brats, we park across the street in the lot, go to the Dunkin donuts by the parking lot, grab a coffe, and get a Free parking token, it's a win win situation for me!! I just wished I liked bloody Mary's !!! I wouldn't waste my time on coffee !! Lol

Luvsun, I understand that completely this is the reasoning. I found it odd that is all. I was not necessarily "complaining." It was not a problem as it is a stones throw away to get coffee. As I stated if I were on the beach there I am sure a sandwich would be great and I would not care for coffee in the p.m. I just heard so much about it that I was surprised as the lack of coffee for to go with the breakfast sandwich that is all--referring to breakfast only. The sandwich was good, and the prices are reasonably priced.

Aruba since 1979
    makes sense to me scott!
    non competition clauses are very much commnplace.
    here, where we live, our HOA does not allow the Tampa Bay Times newspaper in.
    a non competition clause with Lakeland Ledger.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsun View Post
    Yes, we are not allowed to sell coffee per our lease. We also are not allowed to sell burgers, fries, or anything sold by other vendors at Playa Linda. I don't think it is too much of an inconvenience to get coffee 20 feet away at Dunkin Donuts and then come over for a sandwich. Rarely does anyone complain about this.

Thanks for the reviews! Sounds like a lovely time!

Luvsun, I'm sure it must get annoying sometimes, but at least you know you don't have to worry about another vendor selling brats!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Jacki, Hey yeah there you go no one else can sell Brats. Good thought--yes it was a lovely time and we got another 2 inches of snow last night and we are scheduled on Thursday for 4-8!! Do you think I miss ARUBA???

I also forgot to mention we dined at Tangos as well at the Arawak Gardens (sp) They also have a special 22.95 for a 3 course meal. It was decent can include Filet Mignon. I love it there and the wonderful musician is fun. We also went to Salt and Pepper for breakfast. (not so great) and for the light Tappas in the p.m. I would skip breakfast there but I am just so hooked on Matthews by the Sea. We actually hand feed the little birds there. They come right up and take bread from our hands. Dushis for breakfast is fine too. Anywhere in Aruba is great!!

Jacki I see you are from New Jersey.

Thanks for the trip report, I imagine that snow will snap you back to reality. As for Scott's, you just can't beat a Bloody Mary there and if breakfast was good, you have to try them for lunch...

Quote Originally Posted by Diann24 View Post
    Jacki I see you are from New Jersey.

I am! Northeastern NJ 4-8 inches in the forecast here too!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast