Aruba Beach

Thread: Just returned from paradise

Just returned from paradise

Had a great time in Aruba. My husband, Bill, and our 5 yr old were there for 16 days (YEAH). The first week my step-son, his wife and 7 mo old grandson were down. The second week my stepdaughter and her boyfriend came. We all had a real great time. We celebrated my birthday and Easter there. Lots of good restuarants. I will report on them later. Didnt do much of anything else but swim in the pool and the beach. Just what we needed! Next time I promise to be more active. We stayed at the Ocean Club, and the Marriott hotel.

My only complaint is that the water near the Marriott is not crystal clear as it once was. It is very murky, I am told it is because of all the water sports boats. I really wish they were not allowed to be inbetween the 2 hotels. It is dangerous and is ruining the quality of the water there. Oh, I guess I could also complain about the rental car companies - Avis and National. That was a fiasco. When we got there Avis said they didnt have a minivan which we reserved. The also didnt have any cars!!! THey referred us to another upstart company. Well the car was a bomb!! It also had "A" license plates. Usually tourist rental cars have "V" for visitor. We were convinced that they guy was renting his personal car. Also, Avis didnt have any infant seats that they had promised us.

I do have a lot of good restaurant recommendations and I will come back and post them.

Still smiling from Aruba!
    Vicky

welcome home. I rented from avis and got a great deal but you stated they didnt have the mini van you reserved did they give a reason why and they had no cars where were all the avis cars. I am breathing into a paper bag. lol. I am good no one will have to call the paramedicas yet. just tell me what happened when you went to get your rental?

They trued to tell us that the reservation was cancelled. THey said they had the reservation on their system 3 times and it was cancelled 3 times. We did not cancel it. So we said, just give us a car instead of the van. They claimed they had no cars. We arrived at 130pm, so it was not the end of the day. They "referred" us to another company - Smart Rent- which was located outside the airport. It was a new startup company and the car they gave us was not a rental car but someone's personal car. It was a piece of garbage.

In the past we have had good experiences with Avis, so I wouldnt start hyperventalating yet. You should be fine.

This almost happened to us. We were going to rent from Avis and they didn't send us a confirmation number at all! We cancelled a few days before we left. I forget who we rented with but they were very good and they gave us the cars we wanted