Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kathy's trip report

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental
    Heres a pic of me and hubby at Passions

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Hey Kath66, nice picture !

Very nice! Keep the updates coming.

You look like you're both having a GREAT TIME!!!!!!!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Banned
    Yes we are having a wonderful time.. and as you can see by my nose I am trying for my best impersonation of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer in honor of the season!

I have to find a little sombrero hat just for my nose! Sheesh!

Banned

Kathys Trip Report Part 3

Its been 2 great weeks on the island. Did some diving this week. First dive was on the West Coast to the Pedernalis. It was a nice dive but like usual on that coast the water was a bit cloudy. Saw alot of fish and baby morays!
    Second Dive was to the south coast. We dove the Jane C and then did a drift dive over a reef. The Jane C is a terrific dive. The marine life there is amazing! and the coral is so beautiful! I always get nervous before I start a dive but once I am down there I calm right down and just enjoy the scenery. There is so much to see and the visibility on the south is awesome!

Food wise. Well we have been eating alot at the condo to save some bucks but we did make it to Chalet Suisse which was wonderful. The service started out very good then after the entrees arrived I think we turned invisible! We had to beg for drink refills and dessert! but the food was top shelf so I can live with a minor service issue.
    I had made reservations with Madame Janettes online but because of rain they did not respond and I wasnt aware that they chose at random when to respond to requests. but at least we know where it is for future visits.
    Today was my favorite lunch.... the Bacon Cheeseburger at the Pega Pega Beach Bar.... Yummmmyyyy... I had been craving one since last year!

and another new favorite is Pizza from Bobs! Yummmy!! (thanks to forums!)

Eagle Beach has been a joy... I sometimes miss the activity at Palm Beach so we take little trips down there at night.. then back to the quiet at Oceania when we have had enough.

Weather has been great... Yes its the rainy season and we have had some rain drops off and on but thats just an opportunity to get a rest from the sun!

Our stay at Oceania has been so wonderful we are going to rent here again next year and let my brother in law use our timeshare next year. (except I think a penthouse with a rooftop terrace and jacuzzi might be in order for next year for us)

Peace out for now!
    Oh and here's a pic of a little friend I saved from the pool today.. the poor little guy couldnt get out!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww...thanks for saving the critter!

Glad to hear all is going well.

Quote Originally Posted by kthy66 View Post
    Yes we are having a wonderful time.. and as you can see by my nose I am trying for my best impersonation of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer in honor of the season!

I have to find a little sombrero hat just for my nose! Sheesh!
    I used to get like that, too! Finally realized that my nose needed a higher SPF than the rest of me so now I borrow hubby's SPF 15 or 30 just for my nose.

Love the photo of your cute little friend swimming in the pool!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    the trip reports are great
    keep them coming!!!

how did u get the iguana out of the pool?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    how did u get the iguana out of the pool?
    The poor little guy exhausted himself trying to crawl out so I just swam gently over to him and lifted him out... He stayed there for a bit warming up in the sun and crawled away! Poor little fella!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast