Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kathy's trip report

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental

Kathys Trip Report Part 4

Well i have 4 days left then its back to reality!! UGH!!

but its been such a wonderful trip and we just put the down payment in for next year ... but we upgraded to a penthouse with a rooftop terrace and hot tub for next year! WOooHooO!
    We checked out some villas to possibly rent but I guess we have been spoiled at Oceania and we really got a great deal here so we decided to stick with a good thing.

anyway... I have been to the south diving twice this week.. I saw a HUGE moray eel! Had to be 6 feet long with huge head! my hubby who has been diving just about everywhere said it was the biggest he had ever seen! it was awesome!
    the ocean off of Aruba is a site to behold! I found the cutest little black and white clown fish that I have a tendency to follow around and forget about my dive buddy! LOL
    and the coral is amazing!! hard to put into words how beautiful it is.

Tomorrow night I will be doing my first night dive ever! We are going to the pedernalis.. they say the sea turtles sleep there at night.. I cant wait to see one!

Food --- We went to Old Man and the Sea just me and hubby Sunday night and we loved it so much that we made reservations to take his parents last night (tuesday) what a wonderful evening... Definitely eat there when you have alot of time on your hands! The food,although tasty, still needs a little tweeking but you can't beat the atmosphere and location!

Casa Tau (behind the highrises) All i can say is Yuk! the food was awful and service was atrocious... We just happened to be walking by one evening and were hungry so we stopped.. that was a mistake.

Tonight we went to Bingos! OMG the best food I have had on the island yet! I was shocked by how delicious it was! I had the grouper over mashed potatos and creme broule for dessert... I really need to get home and back to the gym now! Wow!
    Thanks to everyones input on the forum Bingos is my new favorite!

Weather has been wonderful... after last weeks few days of clouds and rain the weather seems to have gotten back on track with just a few passing showers overnight and sunshine all day.

I booked bully to take us to airport sunday,,, (another thank you to the forum)

I think thats all for now... cant wait for tomorrow nights dive!! Wish me luck!
    Last edited by kthy66; 12-10-2008 at 10:45 PM.

Have a safe trip home and make sure you let us know how the night dive went.

Eagle Beach and love venturing out throughout the whole island
    I checked the website for Oceania - it appears the studio is $250 per night - I am reading that correctly? just want to make sure

Deb
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 10-09-2009 at 10:46 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    $250 a night for Oceania studio is indeed the price if you rent directly thru the place. i guess one could call it the rack rate.

oceania is a magnificent condo complex, ideal location, beautiful units and everything about it is glorious.

andrea

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental
    Quote Originally Posted by arubadebbi View Post
    I checked the website for Oceania - it appears the studio is $250 per night - I am reading that correctly? just want to make sure

Deb
    Renting direct from Oceania will cost you huge... Definitely use VRBO. That is how we found the place we stayed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123