Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kent Gerber in Aruba

Can you say waterlogged yet,boy do I wish I were there with you guys.You really know how to vacation.Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Kent,

You dined upon the legendary Bandeja Paisa platter which is a Colombian dish that includes a little of everything: piece of steak, some ribs, rice, beans, avocado, salad, fried egg, chorizo, chicharron (which is a big hunk of bacon), an arepa and some fried plantain. It will hold you for the day as Kent has now testified. All that for $11US. Nice.

By the way, Kent, I now know you're a secret agent under the cover of a super-snorkeler. Either that or you've found a Spanish Galleon and you're bringing up the gold and jewels!

All the best,

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Very nice article in aruba today regarding the Gerber family and son's friend. A full page with very nice pictures. Kent you must have some drag on the island did you take Mike Eaman on a snorkel trip?

Yesterday we seen 2 turtles at Mangel Halto and this morning we seen another one. I picked up a cousin and her husband yesterday and they are divers. Her parents own in Cayman Island but they have never been to Aruba. Went to Pizza Bobs last night and they said they could eat there every night. The meat lovers is awsome!!!! Its alot more quiet starting today because last week was Presidents week and there were alot of kids here. Should tame down pretty good for awhile till the Spring Breakers start rolling in. The weather is great down here. I checked the 10 day and there is not even a CHANCE OF SNOW HERE!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I didn't mean to rub that in so hard. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Its only going to snow on Monday and Thursday this week,its 40 degrees and sunny today.Most of the snow from last week is melted.Cant wait for some more snow.NOT............Enjoy the warm weather

Quote Originally Posted by MARK68 View Post
    Very nice article in Aruba today regarding the Gerber family and son's friend. A full page with very nice pictures. Kent you must have some drag on the island did you take Mike Eaman on a snorkel trip?
    Is there anyone that is on the island that could scan the article it would be appreciated. We all know that when we really want to read the Aruba News its not on line.Thanks in advance.

Smile

Things are still going great on Aruba. My neighbore just left so I get 5 more days and then back to the snow and cold. About 4 days ago we lost the breeze for 3 days. The ocean was like glass and the bugs were coming out. I smelled insecticide every morning at the Marriott those 3 days. Also 1 building lost aircondition for 3 days. That stunk because it was my bld. They gave you $100 off per night which I would have slept in my car for that. Those 2 nights I was paying full price because my timeshare never started till Sunday. Been seeing more turtles at Mangel Halto. Been just doing the same old thing so I haven't been posting much. We did the jeep tour Friday and the wind was calm. The ocean down at Baby beach was smooth. We swam at some beaches down there that you can never swim at. The natural pool was glass so last year I about got washed out and this year was like a bathtub. With my neighbors we hit MJ, Old man at the sea, Pizza Bobs, Lindas Pancakes, tony romas, Texas Brazilian so they were really impressed with Aruba. Her folks own at Cayman Island and thats the only place they have been to and she told me they won't be going back to Cayman Island. Looks like Aruba just found a few more visitors. The only thing is I am having problems keeping the batteries charged on my water scooters because I am taking so many people snorkling. It takes 4 hours inbetween to charge batteries and alot of times I don't have that much time. I will talk with everyone later. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Smile Jeep tour

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    Things are still going great on Aruba. My neighbore just left so I get 5 more days and then back to the snow and cold. About 4 days ago we lost the breeze for 3 days. The ocean was like glass and the bugs were coming out. I smelled insecticide every morning at the Marriott those 3 days. Also 1 building lost aircondition for 3 days. That stunk because it was my bld. They gave you $100 off per night which I would have slept in my car for that. Those 2 nights I was paying full price because my timeshare never started till Sunday. Been seeing more turtles at Mangel Halto. Been just doing the same old thing so I haven't been posting much. We did the jeep tour Friday and the wind was calm. The ocean down at Baby beach was smooth. We swam at some beaches down there that you can never swim at. The natural pool was glass so last year I about got washed out and this year was like a bathtub. With my neighbors we hit MJ, Old man at the sea, Pizza Bobs, Lindas Pancakes, tony romas, Texas Brazilian so they were really impressed with Aruba. Her folks own at Cayman Island and thats the only place they have been to and she told me they won't be going back to Cayman Island. Looks like Aruba just found a few more visitors. The only thing is I am having problems keeping the batteries charged on my water scooters because I am taking so many people snorkling. It takes 4 hours inbetween to charge batteries and alot of times I don't have that much time. I will talk with everyone later. Kent

Hi Kent,
    thanks for the update, I am so jealous... I am trying to plan what I want to do, I have three things to do and the jeep tour is one of them. I see that you did this on Friday, can you tell me a little more about your experience with this tour and all the information you can rememeber. I am trying to be a well-educated tourist.. LOL

Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Five more days,time goes by so fast when you are having fun.Enjoy the rest of your vacation.The snow will be waiting for you. Cant believe six weeks have gone by already.You may have to rebook for October

Kent, OMG, you both have been having so much fun, I don't blame you for not wanting to head back to this. 6 weeks have been wonderful for you, I can read in your posts how much you have enjoyed . I love those scooters you have, do u have to be a experienced snorkler to use them, can you rent them there ? 5 days, I hope that now ,you and the lady have some private alone time, you'll truly ennjoy those last 5, not that you both haven't had a blast with kids, family, neighbors, quietdown time is also nice. Talk again soon

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast