Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kent Gerber in Aruba for 9 days

Smile Kent Gerber in Aruba for 9 days

I have never been to Aruba in May before but my neighbors came and wasn't using the full 2 bedroom so I figured I would come for 9 days so the room wouldn't set empty. We are at the Marriott Surf Club and this is my 19th trip to Aruba. I always come down on American Air on miles but it always blows the whole day getting here. I bought a ticket this time for $400 round trip on Delta and we landed right after noon and I don't fly out till 1:30 pm. That gives me a good 1 xtra day and it was great. Only 1 stop instead of 2 stops with AA. We ate at Passions last night and it was great. Before dinner we went and met some very nice couples at happy hour. Amy and her husband, Bob and Barb from Ohio, and Caroline from Atlanta. I was very glad to meet these nice people. I hope I can come again this time of year. I have never seen the beaches so empty. We always come Jan. Feb, March. and end of June and July. This is great and so far the weather is great! Took my friends to Ling and son this morning then hit Lindas Pancakes for brunch and run into Caroline and Ken eating there last meal on Aruba. I don't mean to rub that in Caroline!!! We then went to Mangel Halto to snorkle. Its was very clear and the water was very warm. The current was screaming so I'm glad we had the scooters. Played some bingo and won $60. will try to keep you posted on a dailey basis. I guys Amy left today so I will have to take over. She did a great job when she was here. Later. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for posting
    enjoy your time!

Kent,who has it better then you.....Enjoy the extra vacation...Im sure its well deserved.....Snorkel ,snorkel,snorkel...Have a great time ,nine days goes fast.

Kent,

Enjoy, have fun snorkeling. looking forward to reading your post

Smile

Last night was dinner at Papementoes.I loved the french onion soup. It was great and about all the tables were full at 7pm. I have never seen it that full. Met Carolyn and her friend from another board and took them snorkling this morning. They were good snorklers so we had a great time. I seen a turtle at the end. The water is nice and clear but its really windy this month. The sun is very strong. I have never seen so many people all burned up. They have to have 3rd degree burns and they are still in the sun. I'm glad its them and not me. Got a hut this morning for my neighbors. Was out there at 5:30 and was the second one in line.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Smile

Things are going well in Aruba. We ate at Wacky Wahoos 2 nights ago and its the best fish you will get on the Island. You have to have reservations or you won't get in. Took another family snorkling yesterday morning and yesterday afternoon my friends wanted to shop up town so I dropped them off and headed to Mangel Halto to snorkle by myself for a good hour or so. It was very clear and saw 2 turtles and when I was ready to go up, a huge spotted eagle ray came swimming right under me. His tail was 10 foot long. I swam with him for several minutes, Thats the first spotted eagle ray I have ever seen in Aruba and would't you know, I never had the camara. I've seen and took pics of them on Bonaire. Last night we went to the place I will be staying next trip, Club Arias. Every Wed chef Gabriel does pizza night for $20. Its the best pizza on the Island. Its a thin soft crust and then he does salad and some pasta and its all you can eat. This morning I snorkled by myself and seen 2 more turtles. The water really get rough after 10 am so I am glad I have the scooters to pull me around. Weather has been great. Very hot and no rain.

I am glad you are having a good time. Really enjoy your posts!
    Pat

Some people don't think they need to wear sunscreen or limit the sun time... I learnt my lesson long time ago....maybe they will now.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Glad that you are having a great time snorkling,just think of all the work your going to have to catch up on,but who cares a trip to Aruba is better than working.Enjoy the rest of you stay.Talk to you soon.

Smile

Hey DannyO. I left my wife and 22 year old son atr home to do the work so I have it made. I guess I will still have plenty to do but it really makes a differance when they keep working while I am playing!!! Some days it doesn't feel like I'm playing here because Its like work when you do what I do here. Its 5 am to 10 pm. Have a great day. Kent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast