Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Kent Gerber back to Aruba for 20th trip

Hi Kent

I am sorry for my delay in responding to having had a great imr wit you. Had some serious problems on on return trip including a car accident. Will post soon

J

Aruba since 1979
    oh no
    hope you are ok!!
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Hi Kent

I am sorry for my delay in responding to having had a great imr wit you. Had some serious problems on on return trip including a car accident. Will post soon

J

Smile

Aquaman, Sorry to hear that. Please let us know and hope you guys are alright.

Friday was wing night at Club Arias. He does wings 4 different ways and then he did a shrimp appetizer which was out of this world. Sat night he did Almound crusted grouper for us. I brought some fish and shrimp from home so Chef Gabriel is doing some cooking and showing me some new ways to cook fish and shrimp. He is a GREAT Chef!!! I guess all the locals are going to be sad because of the WORLD CUP.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Andrea and Kent

The return trip was hell. I doubt I will ever voluntarily step on another JetBlue plane. Delays, lost luggage etc. It took 3 days to get home given all that happened and if we had not been delayed by them, the accident would never have happened. Long story.

Thank you for your concern. The incident happened in Buffalo NY. We were passengers in a taxi Chrysler minivan and while the driver (who was playing with his cell phone) was turning into an intersection at a traffic light, 2 guys travelling extremely fast on a Harley Davidson T-boned into the side of the minivan where my wife was sitting. The driver of the motorbike flew about 150ft in the air into the intersection. The force of the impact was enough to partially tear the back off the minivan. The driver had us locked in with the power doors and i was worried about a gas fire. I was able to force my way out. Bobbie was in shock ( as was I). The impact caused the minivan to hop sideways. We were both shaken up and have very sore backs. Bobbie has 3 sets of bruises on her back.

Needless to say, this resulted in another delay with police reports etc etc.

It could have been a lot worse so while we suffered a little, we are grateful it was not worse.

This just goes to show how fast things can happen and how little control we have over things.

Thank you for your concerns.

Aquaman

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Wow! I'm so glad you weren't hurt worse than you are! That sounds horrible!

Aruba since 1979
    omgosh that is terrible. you both DID seek medical care right?
    when you have a chance, tell us of your jet blue story in the airlines category.
    take care ice rest ice rest heat.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Andrea and Kent

The return trip was hell. I doubt I will ever voluntarily step on another JetBlue plane. Delays, lost luggage etc. It took 3 days to get home given all that happened and if we had not been delayed by them, the accident would never have happened. Long story.

Thank you for your concern. The incident happened in Buffalo NY. We were passengers in a taxi Chrysler minivan and while the driver (who was playing with his cell phone) was turning into an intersection at a traffic light, 2 guys travelling extremely fast on a Harley Davidson T-boned into the side of the minivan where my wife was sitting. The driver of the motorbike flew about 150ft in the air into the intersection. The force of the impact was enough to partially tear the back off the minivan. The driver had us locked in with the power doors and i was worried about a gas fire. I was able to force my way out. Bobbie was in shock ( as was I). The impact caused the minivan to hop sideways. We were both shaken up and have very sore backs. Bobbie has 3 sets of bruises on her back.

Needless to say, this resulted in another delay with police reports etc etc.

It could have been a lot worse so while we suffered a little, we are grateful it was not worse.

This just goes to show how fast things can happen and how little control we have over things.

Thank you for your concerns.

Aquaman

Aquaman, Sorry to hear about that but I am glad you guys weren't hurt any worse because I still want to snorkle with you the next trip.

Re: Kent Gerber back to Aruba for 20th trip
    I have just been snorkling everyday. The other night I went to Mangel Halto by myself and when I got done alittle after 5 pm I say a couple snorkling in the shallow area and I flew by them on my water scooter. I seen they were up talking to each other so I went close to them and when I came up the guy asked if I was Kent Gerber. I said yes but who are you. He said we are from Oklohoma and I never post but I read your post all the time. They said this was their last day in Aruba and they got up early to snorkle Mangel Halto and they liked it so much they came back that afternoon. I told them they haven't seen the good stuff because they never went out into the nice fire coral. He said they had res at Passions at 8. I told them I would be glad to run back to Club Arias which is 3 min away and get 3 good scooters and come back and give them the tour. They said they couldn't pass it up so thats what we did. We got done just at dark and had a great time. He worked for the electric company and she was a Band teacher. I hope to meet them again in Aruba one of these days. Sunday night we went to Sultans which was my first time and we had the meat platter and it was awsome. We are going to go back. Lunch was at Casa Veeza which Dan and Heather took me there last time and thats the 3rd time I went this year. Thanks Dan or San Nicholas 44. Last night was Pasta night at Club Arias which is always a treat. My month is winding down and I hate to see it come to a end so soon but all good things must come to a end. Kent
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-13-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Smile

The party is over because I flew to Florida yesterday and I already miss Aruba. A month flew by so fast. I met a guy that took over the cafe Capri so I ate lunch with him there one day and it was really, really good. Thats the first time I was there and I will be going back. Took the Island tour on the helecopter for the first time and thats a great way to see the Island. I really enjoyed myself this year and I never go in the Spring or fall but I just talked my wife in going back mid Oct for (I told her 4 days but I'm booking 6, please don't tell her.) Its our 27th year anniversary so we will celebrate it in Aruba. Then I have 7 weeks booked for end of Jan thru mid March. Can't wait! If anyone wants to snorkle from Jan 25 thru March 15 please e-mail me direct and give me your dates and I would be glad to show you the great underwaters of Aruba. Kent Gerber

Wow I cant believe its a month already.I know how much you love Aruba and it cant wait for your return.ENJOY your fishing in Florida.

Kent,

That was a great time. Looking forward to meeting up again in February or so. Be well.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast