Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kent "Summer 2011"

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Sorry to hear your "wings" were clipped. Hope you are up in the air now at this writting.
    Enjoy Aruba, they await your arrival

Hope you get to Aruba soon..Safe travels...

Smile

finally made it here. I couldn't believe it but after getting cancelled on 3 of AA flights they booked me thru United just to get to Chicago and the lady at United counter said she had to get a supervisor since I was going out of the country. The lady told me since I was staying more than 30 days I needed a visa. I told her I just was here 3 months ago for 9 weeks and I never had to have a visa plus AA already checked me in to go and they never said anything but now United says they can't let me go. After 45 minutes she went to her boss because I didn't take no for a answer and her boss said its ok for him to go. I asked the customs guy here in Aruba and he said you can come 6 months a year just not all at one time. I got unpacked what I left here but neither of my 2 bags made it. I had a cooler of frozen meat in 1 suitcase but yesterday when I got cancelled, I went and took it out and some places put it in the freezer in between so I am glad I took it out or I would have had a big mess. The wind is really blowing here today. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

The airlines do not know what Aruba's requirements are. We got nailed a couple of years ago.

Now we carry paper work with official Aruba info and web sites.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

what kind of paperwork do you need to stay in
    Aruba? I thought 6 month was ok no matter how you count it.
    I am glad you made it.

Quote Originally Posted by yefim8 View Post
    what kind of paperwork do you need to stay in
    Aruba? I thought 6 month was ok no matter how you count it.
    I am glad you made it.
    The problem is with the Airlines. In their systems it tells them that the US Government says that a customer needs a return ticket with in 30 days of departure.

We had to book a return flight with in the 30 days(at an extra cost) and when we go to Aruba cancel the NEW return flight and reconfirm our original return flight.
    Last edited by Eagle Beach Boy; 06-24-2011 at 10:21 AM.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Smile

My luggage got dropped of the next day at noon. Things are really good here. Its been more windy but I guess thats normal for summer. Took several groups and families snorkling the past few days. The water is pretty clear. I had a few guys ask for money at Mangel Halto. They say they are cleaning up the trash along there but that sounds fishey to me. I was leaving Mangel Halto today and a red jeep pulled up and dropped off some people. I asked her if she was Maudee and she said yes. I told her I read alot on the boards about her and people say they can't get in touch with her. She just smiled and said she is getting a new web page but she acted like she just wants people to contact her they get on the Island. She seemed very busy. Every Thurseday night they have a carnival deal at San Nicholas and they have all these tents set up for people to get stuff to eat. I tried the Barbeque from the smoke house and it was great!! Last night was at ZeeRovers! Everything was great. Went up to the Marriott yesterday afternoon and the beaches and pools were very thin. Maybe kids are still in school but I think July this Island will come alive. Its really nice meeting people from these boards. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Enjoy your trip Kent.
    Looking forward for your next posst...

Better days are ahead,enjoy the rest of your short stay....lol.....

Hi Kent, I am on the island until Wednesday and from trolling here for a bit you seem to be the snorkeling guru! My girlfriend and I were hoping to tag along with you on one of your trips to Mangel Halto if you dont mind. We have gone to the other snorkel spots such as arashi and malmok, Mangel sounds amazing but would prefer to go with someone experienced as it seems the current can be tricky. I look forward to hearing from you, hope you are having a blast on the island!

Tico

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast