Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kent "Summer 2011"

Aruba since 1979
    hi cubazuelen

i am going to forward your message to kent in private message forum so that you 2 can communicate back and forth.

welcome to the forum and hopefully you will post a trip report in the My Aruba Story section.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubazuelen View Post
    Hi Kent, I am on the island until Wednesday and from trolling here for a bit you seem to be the snorkeling guru! My girlfriend and I were hoping to tag along with you on one of your trips to Mangel Halto if you dont mind. We have gone to the other snorkel spots such as arashi and malmok, Mangel sounds amazing but would prefer to go with someone experienced as it seems the current can be tricky. I look forward to hearing from you, hope you are having a blast on the island!

Tico

Thanks Andrea! I just sent them a private message.
    Tico, please let me know where u are staying and if you have wheels. You can e-mail me direct or I did send you a private message with my local cell on there. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

KENT!

Don't scarf up all the good food at Sultan, Casa Vieja, Hollywood, and our other regular joints! I'll be there next month.

Bon dia.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Banned
    Kent ,
    I sent you a PM.

Smile

Last night it was Old Man at the Sea. Its a very nice place to eat. You have plenty of space so they don't pile you in like Flying Fishbone. They weren't very full either but my filet was great along with pear salad and creme brule. Its pretty expensive and if you take a taxi from the high rise area, its pretty steep! I was at the Marriott this afternoon after a snorkle trip this morning. The adult pool there is really nice and now they added several more grills to the back building. They had a fishing tournament today and all the local boats were coming in and most of it was little stuff but I did see a nice Mahi-Mahi and a nice wahoo and baracuda. The people were buying the fish up as fast as it was coming in. The wind has been over 30 mph the last few days so its making up for a few weeks ago when they said the wind died for a week. I talked to the captain that runs Hats Off up town and if anyone wants to go deep sea fishing, hes a good guy and has a nice boat and will really try hard to get you fish. If you go, tell him Mr. Gerber sent you and maybe I will get a discount when I go. Ha! Ha! Tonight is dinner at Sultans. Thats a very nice local place close to the airport and I really like that place. Its very good and great prices. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    i am moving this thread into MY Aruba Story and will title it KENT Summer 2011

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    I had a few guys ask for money at Mangel Halto. They say they are cleaning up the trash along there but that sounds fishey to me.
    Odd, I wonder why no one asked us for money when we were there on Friday.

There was a man cleaning up trash. He spoke to dh and I about moving our car where we could better keep an eye on it from the water. This, even though dd was in it reading a book. We discussed the best places to enter the water, he even gave us a map. I do not know if the government was paying him, but we have seen others like him out on the roadsides cleaning up. The island is cleaner than we have ever seen it.

We also met two locals "hanging out" on the beach out past the mangroves on the left hand side. We had a nice chat with them about the weather. NO ONE ASKED FOR MONEY, though I thought the last two might try to sell some ganja.

Wednesday when we were at that spot, there were three college kids in the same spot. I offered to take their photo a top the tiny bridge and email it to them and they were thrilled. Again no one asked for money.

Of course follow the usual precautions of making sure your vehicle is locked and valuables out of site.

Kent
    Have a great , trip, I know you will, wish we were headed down ourselves. Enjoy

Dan, I can't wait till you get here!
    Cosmo, wish you could come back but we will hook up next winter.
    Aruba Lisa, I would love to meet you guys. Are you going to the BB party tonight? If not, is there a place I could just stop by and meet you in person? I wish I knew you guys were at Mangel Halto Friday. I would have loved to take you guys out snorkling. I was there from 10 to 11:30. When were you guys there? Have a great day. Kent

Oh Kent have a great time.. I will truly miss aruba next year... oh well have to hope for 2013.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast