Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kent "Summer 2011"

Smile

Glad you guys enjoyed it!
    Maybe I messed up on the name for the burger place. I will have to look again but its a chain off the ones in the US.

Its been awhile but the days just seem to all run together! I can't believe that my trip will be half over this week. The time just flies when you are having fun. Just been taking people snorkling, checking on my guest at the Marriott and doing a night snorkle just about every night. I am meeting tons of people from the boards and its been really great! Everyone has been on time and they are always where I ask them to be. Some years I spend alot of time waiting on people but this year has been really nice. In fact, I always show up early and last night I was 15 min early for the night snorkle and Jeremy and Peggy were there waiting on me. Thanks guys! I really didn't expect that. We seen a smaller eel the other day and it was swimming on the top of the water like a snake. Thats the first time I have seen that. The weather is great! Not much rain at all. This week was MademJanetts for the 3rd time, Gionies which was great!! Smokey Joes which is a bargin. I haven't been there for about 7 years! Sultans again for the 3rd time. Well its time to head out for my first snorkle so I hope everyone has a great week and I will try and keep you posted. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

kent, thank you for everything your a great guy, had a blast. we'll get together again in the future. thanks rick

Smile

Hey Ricky, the day after I took you guys we seen a huge manaray. Then the next day a spotted eagle ray. Maybe next time. Thanks. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

looking forward, was looking for you in san nic, for a few, should have called.
    manaray, now that would have been cool. next time. have a great day.

Kent where are you staying?

Smile

I stay at Club Arias which is a bed and breakfast in Saveneta. Its 4 minutes from Mangel Halto where I snorkle all the time so I don't have alot of road time unless I have to go pick people up at the High rise. I will get in touch with you or you can call my local cell which is 560-9380. Or e-mail me direct. kentgerber@adamswells.com Have a safe trip today! Kent

Smile

We rented the jeep from Top Drive and when we went to pick the jeep up, they said sorry but we have no jeeps. I asked why they never called my cell phone and they said 3 people never brought their jeeps back and they tried calling them with no luck. The guy called all the rest of the stores with no luck. I asked him to call the manager and I told him that I was not very happy because I had 4 of my guest all ready to see the Island in the 4 door jeep. He said I can give you a geo jeep until a 4 door comes back then I will come and switch it out for you. You know how that goes on Aruba. He said he would knock $25 off so we were at $100 for the day. We was just up by the lighthouse and he called and said he could meet us and switch. We had everything packed so we told them we would just keep what we had. When we went to the Natural pool (which is a no no but please don't tell anyone) We only made it 90 percent of the way and then we were going to start getting damage on the underside because a geo is lower to the ground then the 4 door jeeps. It was 4 wheel drive but much lower. We said fine, we would walk the last part and maybe hitch a ride coming back. That worked out well because its all down hill getting there and all up hill getting back. The people I took was first timers and they loved the pool. We were lucky because when we were ready to start back up the hill, 2 jeeps came and it was a family of 5 so they rented 2 jeeps to get everyone in so they had plenty of room to take us back up to our Geo. When I returned the jeep the guy said he would do $80 for the day since we kept the Geo. I have had really good luck renting from Top Drive if you want to explore the Island for a day by yourself. We ate at Charleys for lunch and if you ever get their special, which is a pork tenderlion, that is very tender and good. They have a really hot sauce I like to mix with catsup and put on the steak fries and the tenderlion. Other than that its like a broken record. Eat, sleep, snorkle 3 or 4 times a day and also do a night snorkle most nights. I am still meeting alot of people on the boards so I have really enjoyed that. I have only seen 5 turtles in 5 weeks which is not very many. I think in the winter I see alot more. Almost everynight I see eels but not many during the day. I had a list of new places I wanted to try but so far I only made it to a few. I ate at pizza bobs the other night and my wife and I LOVE there pizza but its funny because I hear people saying they always get the order wrong. I go about 8 pm and they all have there eyes glued to the soccer game on the tv. I didn't want to stay forever because I had a night snorkle so I orderd my drink and said I would like a meat lover pizza. She brought me my water and I sat for 40 minutes. She then caome to me and said would you like anything else? I said I was waiting on my pizza I ordred 40 minutes ago and she said I'm sorry but I didn't know you ordered a pizza. She said it will only take a few minutes but I told her that I was going to be late and I couldn't wait any longer so i left. That was a very dissapointing night! Not that I was going to starve or anything! Ha! Ha! Well, I got several groups today so I have to get running. Its like a full time job over here! When I get home from 6 weeks of this, I'm going to tell my wife, I NEED A VACATION!!!!! Or maybe I shouldn't tell her that! Have a great day! Kent

We ( 5 of us) went out with Kent last Wednesday and it was a highlight of our week in Aruba. We have snorkeled off of many of the boats in Aruba, but this is a completely different experience. Magel Halto is a pretty amazing beach to snorkel from and has the clearest water I have seen in Aruba. By using Kent's water scooters we were able to go out pretty far along the reef. Kent knows this reef like the back of his hand and is an excellent guide-like an underwater sherpa. Once Kent felt we were able to handle the scooters and the currents, he took us out pretty far. It is much more of an adventure-kind of like hiking underwater.

Kent is a super nice guy and I would recommend this to anyone who is up for the adventure.

i'm looking forward to night snorkel next time with kent, no fear on my end, kent is that great of a guide.. thanks kent enjoy the rest of your stay.
    ricky

My family snorkeled with Kent last tuesday and had a great time. He is a great guy and took us step by step through the snorkeling process. When he new we were competent in the water he took us further and further out it was awesome. That night my husband went back for a night dive and had an incredible time.
    I would definitely recommend Kent for snorkeling he is very informative and is very safety minded. As novices, the kids and I felt very comfortable with him. I would also recommend his night dives, my husband cant stop talking about it.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast