Aruba Beach

Thread: KSW's Tamarijn Vacation

KSW's Tamarijn Vacation

We returned from the Tamarijn last Tuesday.... :'( I was so sad..... since we had a later afternoon flight, hand a chance to go play in the waves before it was time to go, the waves knocked me off my kiester..... very strong!! I miss it so, I swear that my tan started to fade as soon as I boarded the plane.... hopefully I get there next year as my mom had problems with the humidity. finally she took some prednisone half way thru and was able to breathe easier.... the beach in front of 1400 was really washed away... if I can figure out how to post some pics I will.
    Looking forward to trip #3

some pics of beach at the TAM

huge drop off
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KSW's Tamarijn Vacation-img_0317.jpg   KSW's Tamarijn Vacation-img_0318.jpg  
    Last edited by ksw5487; 03-12-2013 at 11:55 PM. Reason: sorry they are sideways
    Looking forward to trip #3

Wow! Does that drop off stretch down to the Divi? I would assume yes. We've only seen it like that once and I ended up spending some time in the pool because of the waves.

Aruba since 1979
    wow!!!
    that is some drop off.
    thanks for sharing.

Definitely the leftovers from strong waves Thankfully the beach comes back eventually. Below was summer 2009

It absolutely amazes me how the beach in front of the tam changes from year to year...sand, no sand, sand, no sand......mother nature at her finest !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Last November during my morning walk from Divi to Tam I was "shocked" to see the same exact erosion that your pictures show at the Tam. I was shocked because this basically happened overnight! The Divi was not really affected so by the time I reached the Tam it was quite the surprise. Hopefully the waves will settle down very soon so the beaches will be back to normal.

As far as your tan goes I had to laugh, it really does seem to disappear so fast once you leave Aruba. I sitll stay Aruba tans are the best and one you cannot achieve anywhere else. Glad you had a great trip hope you get to go back.

Arrow The MANY faces of the beach at the Tamarijn

Aprrox. pool area northward

Dec. 2007

June 2008

March 2009

June 2009

December 2009

October 2010

Attached July 2012