Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: La Cabana and the Renaissance - Long Report

You guys do get around. Sounds like a fun time in the sun. We really enjoy reading the trip reports and picking up some tips. We hit Zeerovers 3 or 4 times when we go. Some work to eat and some flies around but worth the trip. The sunsets there are quite beautiful.
    Thanks
    Sean and Susan

Thanks for the report! Love all the snorkeling descriptions. I totally agree with you - you have to enjoy every second on the island - and it sounds like you did!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thanks for sharing your trip. I am glad you got to Barney's for the awesome grouper and got to snorkel on the Black Pearl. Those are two of our absolute favorites on the island.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for all the great advise. We try to share with others about our experiences. We would not have found Barney's or the Black Pearl, or even Zeerovers without this forum. As with many of you, I consider the island my home away from home. As an example, when I had lunch at the restaurant at Renaissance Island, I had a waitress come over and greet me, remembering all of my details and asking to see pictures of my children, even though I had not been there in almost 4 years. Until travelers visit the island, they simply cannot grasp the warmth of the Aruban people. Almost time to start planning the next trip...
    See you in Aruba!!!
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    EXACTLY right.............when we sat down at the restaurant over on the island 2 weeks ago, the waitress asked us about our new grandchild.(we had told her im May that our grandson was due in June. She remembered!!!!
    Such a nice girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveNJodie View Post
    Thanks to everyone on the forum for all the great advise. We try to share with others about our experiences. We would not have found Barney's or the Black Pearl, or even Zeerovers without this forum. As with many of you, I consider the island my home away from home. As an example, when I had lunch at the restaurant at Renaissance Island, I had a waitress come over and greet me, remembering all of my details and asking to see pictures of my children, even though I had not been there in almost 4 years. Until travelers visit the island, they simply cannot grasp the warmth of the Aruban people. Almost time to start planning the next trip...

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Really enjoyed the report. I love seeing people cutting loose at Moomba... the best part about drunk-dancing is as long as you are having fun nothing else matters.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Your making me wish these next 2 months would fly by...

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNJodie View Post
    We did not notice any bad smells during our night at Passions.There were some occasional sewage smells coming from La Cabana near the Amsterdam Manor. Not enough to complain about though.
    Wasn't the smell coming from the Amsterdam Manor and not La Cabana?

Glad you had a great trip!

Aruba since 1979
    while we were there...........on the beach in front of lacabana one day Nov 11 and another little while at amsterdam manor beach bar Nov 10.........there was was strong sewage smell coming from the sewage treatment plant........wafting its way thru amsterdam manor and lacabana all the way out to the beach.

we were back there again later in our stay for a walk on the beach and the smell was stronger north of Amsterdam Manor...about 100 yds past "the tree"

we had not smelled that smell in the area in a number of years.
    i guess we just hit it unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    while we were there...........on the beach in front of lacabana one day Nov 11 and another little while at amsterdam manor beach bar Nov 10.........there was was strong sewage smell coming from the sewage treatment plant........wafting its way thru amsterdam manor and lacabana all the way out to the beach.

we were back there again later in our stay for a walk on the beach and the smell was stronger north of Amsterdam Manor...about 100 yds past "the tree"

we had not smelled that smell in the area in a number of years.
    i guess we just hit it unlucky.
    I've designed and constructed lots of treatment plants over nearly four decades. I hereby offer my services to rectify the sh|t smell (for a reasonable fee, of course).
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast