Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Lessons Learned-- what to do if you lose your Passport

Aruba since 1979
    i am wondering why you did not go back to the airport once you realized your passport was missing?

oooo i did- it was about 2.5 hours later after the flight landed that we headed back- spoke to many airport personal. and nothing. All week long twice a day we called the lost and found. Nothing.

I can not imagine someone finding a passport and not turning it in. (especially finding it right outside the doors.)

It is one of my biggest fears that I will lose my passport when traveling! I also keep the passport informational service card separately, so at least I'll have the passport number. Additionally, I scanned a copy of my passport and e-mailed it to myself so at least I would be able to bring up a copy and not worry about having to carry it with me.

I was told by both the police and the immigration officer-- even with a copy I would had to file a report.
    a copy would not get me through immigrations/customs.

But a copy will have the numbers you need to fill out the report.

The police told me that I should scan a copy of the passport to my email account- that way it will be handy if i ever lose it again.

My home in Aruba, Casa Koyari, my second home, Casa Del Mar, followed by Arashi and Baby Beaches!
    Take a photo of your passport and put on a password-protected flash drive that you carry with you. I also take photos of all my credit cards front and back. That way, if I lose wallet, I have alll the numbers readily available plus it beats typing all that stuff up and carrying a paper copy that could get into the wrong hands. Its a great little thing to have on you when you're in European cities known for pickpockets (Barcelona comes to mind). You get picked, go to nearest internet cafe and poof, you're ready.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12