Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Live in Aruba from 4/18-24th

Save travels, and can't wait to read your reports!

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

I arrived a couple of hours ago. The start of the trip looked like it could be off to a horrific start. at 7:20am Jetblue announces our flight is delayed because the pilot called in sick and another pilot will be coming in. I instantly went to customer service and asked if I could take the direct flight down if there was room and I would pay extra because I did not want to risk missing my connection. They quickly looked it up and secured the last ticket for me. When I asked how much I need to pay he responded, nothing at all its free for you! So I went from potentially missing my flight to arriving 2 hours earlier than I had planned, great start!

My good friend picked me up at the airport and brought me to my hotel. I have checked in and went for a very nice walk along the beach already. It is very hot with very little wind currently but not a cloud in the sky so thats good for sure. I should probably take a nap since I only got about 2 hours of sleep last night but I did grab a few hours on the way down.

I will be heading out to Bugaloe for a simple meal and a strong drink to start the trip off properly.

Glad you made it safely... Kudos to Jet Blue for not charging to change your flight. Much rather be early and wait then...
    Forget the nap, enjoy the sunshine, dinner and most important that strong drink.
    Then you will sleep like a baby tonight..

brady bear, I was just about to go inside for a power nap but you have motivated me to go for a short walk before dinner instead of the nap. I will have a bacardi and coke with dinner and hope the caffeine kicks in soon, lol.

There will be plenty of time to sleep tomorrow!

Well said Walt. I have given up my nap today but I expect to take one most days, lol. Going to jump in the shower and head to Bugaloe within the next hour or so.

Aruba since 1979
    so glad that you got on the flight!!!
    enjoy every moment and yes, tomorrow there will be time for a nice afternoon snooze.

have fun.

Glad JetBlue came through for you. Let the vacation begin!

Some hate to vacate with me. Get up with the birds and go to bed with the birds (owls)..
    I tell them you will get plenty of sleep when you die.. (lol)
    But really enjoy your vacation.. nap on the beach/pool . Vitamin D is so good for ya.
    Have a aruba ariba for me.. or bacardi 151 with diet coke (diet pepsi is good too) don't forget the lime twist...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast