Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Live in Aruba from 4/18-24th

Got a really nice nights sleep and I feel very relaxed as I sit on my balcony and gaze at the small bit of ocean I can see. While the HI is not what I would consider fancy by any means its certainly is more than satisfactory. I would stay here again for a short stay, or another inexpensive trip but I would select ocean front in the future probably.

Aruba since 1979
    Lots of folks poo poo the idea of staying at the holiday inn.
    i think it is because they "expect" holiday inn quality.
    holiday inn quality is always decent/good, not great.
    but heck, a holiday inn on the beach in aruba is certainly better than a work related stay at the ritz in boston or a jw in orlando.
    the holiday inn in aruba is pretty darn good.
    clean, comfortable, great location.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Got a really nice nights sleep and I feel very relaxed as I sit on my balcony and gaze at the small bit of ocean I can see. While the HI is not what I would consider fancy by any means its certainly is more than satisfactory. I would stay here again for a short stay, or another inexpensive trip but I would select ocean front in the future probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Lots of folks poo poo the idea of staying at the holiday inn.
    i think it is because they "expect" holiday inn quality.
    holiday inn quality is always decent/good, not great.
    but heck, a holiday inn on the beach in aruba is certainly better than a work related stay at the ritz in boston or a jw in orlando.
    the holiday inn in aruba is pretty darn good.
    clean, comfortable, great location.
    I agree! They are doing renovations and are bringing the old girl back up to par. We are looking forward to staying there twice on our upcoming trip. The bars serve good food and drinks at affordable prices with a great view.. and don't forget that souvenir bucket you can score with an order of Balashi or Amstel Bright's!!

I just returned from my first meal at Scotts Brats and it was good. I had a eggs, bacon and sausage sandwich that was tasty. The place was packed so I did not get to meet the new owners. The women who took my order (possibly also an owner?) could be a little more social, but they were busy.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 04-19-2016 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I agree! They are doing renovations and are bringing the old girl back up to par. We are looking forward to staying there twice on our upcoming trip. The bars serve good food and drinks at affordable prices with a great view.. and don't forget that souvenir bucket you can score with an order of Balashi or Amstel Bright's!!
    I have two of those buckets and use them on my deck in the summer to pretend I'm in Aruba. Keep posting! I'm having Aruba withdrawal.

Scott's is the perfect place for breakfast!

I'm not sure I could ever be the 1/2 of a couple that solos at home. My DH being in Aruba without me would absolutely kill me. Let us know how smoothly your transitions from hotel to hotel go. I've considered that option, but wondered how much time it would take to check out then check in elsewhere.

My transition was very smooth. I checked out of the HI around 12:30 and walked over to the Hyatt and checked in. My room is just fine, I tried to pay for an upgrade to a full balcony but they had none available. This room was again free so who can complain about a free room at the Hyatt, lol. I am getting ready to go for a nice long walk along the beach after eating some of my left over pizza from last night.

AUA- I agree about not being the one left at home. My wife can go anywhere in the world without me, minus aruba, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    My wife can go anywhere in the world without me, minus aruba, lol.
    I tell my husband that exact same thing.....except that it's Paris, not Aruba. Anywhere else is fine...but I could not be at home if he's in my favorite city without me.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I just returned from a wonderful LONG walk along the beach. I left the Hyatt and walked the beach all the way past Oceania on Eagle Beach then turned around and walked back. I am guessing the entire walk was somewhere between 4-5 miles but I could be off.

A couple of my observations along the way are as follows. First of all, I don't remember LaCabana looking so "fresh" but it has been years since I have really been down that way, it looked really nice actually. The waves along Eagle were crashing pretty good at certain parts, very pretty. I also forgot how wide/open most of Eagle Beach is as well, it did not feel congested at all. That said, my walk along Palm was pretty non congested as well headed in that direction.

I am really missing the wind, I could have used some on the walk home as I was sweating my butt off, but the jump into the pool upon my return cooled me right off.

Going to relax for a bit and then head out to dinner with a friend. Life is good.

Where do you walk between the Divi Phoenix and Amsterdam Manor? Is it along the beach or the road? We're considering a rental at Divi Pheonix but we've never walked down past the Riu Antillas.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast