Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Live in Aruba from 4/18-24th

Part of it was along the side of the road after I passed the Divi- I was wearing sneakers so I tried to stay on solid ground and walk on the pathways.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Where do you walk between the Divi Phoenix and Amsterdam Manor? Is it along the beach or the road? We're considering a rental at Divi Pheonix but we've never walked down past the Riu Antillas.
    You really can't walk along the beach between the Phoenix and Amsterdam Manor - it's too rocky. But there is a great flat, dirt path that runs between the road and the water so it's still a nice scenic walk. Once you get to Amsterdam Manor (where Eagle Beach begins) you can walk along the beach or take the walking path in front of the hotels. We love the walk between Amsterdam Manor and the Phoenix in the morning - it's a nice quiet (hardly a soul around) walk or light run in the morning for some exercise. They also have a bike path marked on the road now so this year we're going to sign out the free bikes at Amsterdam Manor in the morning and head toward the lighthouse (we'll see how far we get anyway....LOL!)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I just returned from a fun evening with a friend. We started with drinks at the Hyatt lobby bar, then proceeded to Bingo for a couple of drinks and dinner which we both enjoyed. We then headed over to Moomba for a couple of more drinks. Its been a while since I have been to Moomba and I will have to return soon.

I enjoyed Bingo, the service was good as well. Its a quiet Dutch place with charm. The women who waited on us started speaking Dutch to me, I am thinking she thought I was Dutch being with a local and such...I looked at her with a strange confused look and she started speaking english with me, lol.

A quick recap of the Hyatt because I am moving on tomorrow. The Hyatt is in a terrific location. The grounds are the best on the island IMO. The only problem with the Hyatt is the lack of a full balcony unless you get a suite, or an Deluxe Ocean Front room. If/when I return to the Hyatt it will only be with a full balcony unless my stay is free like today. When I compare the Holiday Inn which I stayed at yesterday, and the Hyatt I am at today, I actually prefer the HI despite the grounds and rooms not being as nice. I miss the full balcony, I wrote all of my postings from the HI on the balcony, I am writing inside from the Hyatt. That being said, I am thrilled to be here and I am truly enjoying myself so far.

I just returned from a very fun evening. I played in a texas holdem tournament and got knocked out 2 spots from the money but I had a blast anyway. After getting knocked I headed over to Sopranos for a couple of drinks and to listen to some live music. The gentleman that was playing was decent and it was a nice way to spend an hour before heading home for the night. I don't think I have had as much fun losing $60 in a night....tonight was fun.

Aruba since 1979
    sopranos is a great spot for relaxing after a busy day.

http://www.sopranospianobararuba.com
    thanks for posting!

I love walking the grounds of the Hyatt. Some of my favorite pics & memories of my kids are there with the birds
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

One to the 3rd stage of my trip. I am happy to be checked into the Ritz already today. The process of moving hotels was effortless for the most part. Upon arriving at the Ritz I was informed that they have upgraded me from the limited view room I had booked to an Ocean Front room, because I am a Ritz CC holder and due to availability. I was obviously thrilled beyond belief at my good fortune.
    The Ritz always makes me feel like at home from the moment I arrive, the people are terrific. The room is perfect and I am at a new level of relaxation sitting on the balcony I so missed while at the Hyatt yesterday. I have an incredible view of the ocean, as well as a view overlooking the Adult pool area, zero complaints from me.

Aren't upgrades a wonderful thing? They really improve the mood of any situation. Keep on posting, sounds like you have been getting around more than usual.

Walt, you are correct about me getting around more, lol. I don't think we ate one meal off the grounds of the Ritz when we were here as a family in Feb. We are going to try and spend more time on the island going forward (hard to believe I know) and I am trying to figure out different places to dine that are reasonable and still tasty.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast