Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Live from the other, more rugged side of Aruba

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Involving a finger? That is hilarious! LOL

I used to hunk the horn that's what we do if you disagree with a driver. But I got rid of that habit very quickly when I moved to Texas! They have guns here, too!

Driving like an old lady is the way to go! Better safe than sorry! In Aruba, I love that the rental cars have the "V" in their license plate. Some locals will cut a little slack!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thanks for the info.

my hand signals really only involve a finger.
    but i have gotten much better behaved in FLA, as it seems everyone (not paul or me) have guns and i do not want my finger blown off
    in aruba, i drive like a little old lady, but do use directionals.

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar

Mosquitos

Non existent, we haven't seen the first one but on the other hand the noseeums are kicking our butts.

No overtaking is no passing I'm guessing?

Thanks for the continued awesome report! Aruba Bob's sounds like just as amazing an experience as so many others have had
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    Non existent, we haven't seen the first one but on the other hand the noseeums are kicking our butts.
    Wife has been bitten twice. Looks like a mosquito bite, but we aren't sure...

Aruba since 1979
    Last time we were in Aruba, we bought (at Lings) 2 citronella candles.
    We had them lit, while outside early morning and evenings.
    There were some issues with mosquitos, but the citronella did a good job.

We always bring bug spray too.

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!
    With the rain the day before yesterday.. .we are seeing more skeeters!! Kellie and Robert, like you all we love to explore.. and what we love most about Aruba is the diversity of the landscape and terrain.... The majority of our rental homes are in the Noord area (tourist).. but we choose to live "in the mountains"... We can walk to Ayo Rock Formations!! We are renting a lovely lovely home (old Aruban) but in the next couple of years, have recently decided to build our 'final Aruba home" up here. The views are breathtaking IMHO.... Love reading your adventures!!!
    Ed and Liz Ginocchio Golden Reef Hospitality - Your Aruba Dream Mgmt. Rental Vacation Homes
    We manage your home just like it was our own! www.myarubadreamvilla.com

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    No overtaking is no passing I'm guessing?

Thanks for the continued awesome report! Aruba Bob's sounds like just as amazing an experience as so many others have had
    Thanks, Jacki! That's probably the correct term.

We didn't go inside but we asked some workers in the parking lot and they said all is open.
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Thanks! Sounds perfect using a good map! And getting lost from time to time is part of the fun!

I still remember the old gift shop at the Natural Bridge, it was charming in it's own way. But needed probably some makeover.
    "Back then", the charges a bit for using the bathroom. Which I did every time I went to the Natural Bridge ~ never leave out an opportunity! LOL I only had a regular small rental car and would not venture towards Arawak Park as the streets were not paved. And anywhere else were other tourists!

Did you by any chance drive by the Ostrich Farm? Would you know if the restaurant there has been rebuilt?

Thanks so much for your detailed descriptions accompanied by your beautiful photos! LOVE every bit of it!

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    We didn't go inside but we asked some workers in the parking lot and they said all is open.
    Are you talking about the restaurant/shop at the Ostrich Farm? That would be awesome! Thanks so much!

Dia nuebe

We rounded the island, tip to tip, coast to coast. Took route 1 from Divi to Seroe Colorado, then traveled the coast past Boca Prins through the park to Conchi on the way we saw 4 people walking and it was a long way to the pool, we looked at each other and we said no way, we had the jeep top in the back seat but we went another 100 yards and said what the heck, we pulled over and started to put the top back on the jeep, the family arrived and we said hop in it's a long way to the pool.

Our new friends from Holland.
    Live from the other, more rugged side of Aruba-img_4314.jpg

OK, this would NEVER happen at home, only in Aruba, it brings the best out of me.
    We dropped them off at the parking area at the top of the pool. We then proceeded to drive down to the pool as we got to the bottom, low and behold the park ranger is there, we took a left and headed to Daimari Beach, he followed for a while and we stopped at Daimari and finally got our feet wet there, what a beautiful place and the sand is like powder sugar.

Live from the other, more rugged side of Aruba-img_4323.jpg
    Live from the other, more rugged side of Aruba-img_4324.jpg
    We stayed for 15 minutes and figured we would head back towards the pool only to get run off by the ranger again, it must have been lunch time as he was gone. We stayed at the pool for about an hour and yes had some more Aruba Cheesesteaks, we exited the park in Santa Cruz and headed back towards the off road we re-entered the desert at the Nat Bridge and took it all the way to Arashi Beach and snorkeled from there to Catalina Cove and back, we the headed back to the resort, long day lots of territory covered. We are now at 305 miles.

Tomorrow maybe the same but throw in Baby Beach too.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast