Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Live from the other, more rugged side of Aruba

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Great adventurous trip around the island! How nice to pick up the Dutch family and make new friends!

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for sharing

you are giving many a whole new view of aruba.

wonderful

dare i ask how many days left ?

Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    We rounded the island, tip to tip, coast to coast. Took route 1 from Divi to Seroe Colorado, then traveled the coast past Boca Prins through the park to Conchi on the way we saw 4 people walking and it was a long way to the pool, we looked at each other and we said no way, we had the jeep top in the back seat but we went another 100 yards and said what the heck, we pulled over and started to put the top back on the jeep, the family arrived and we said hop in it's a long way to the pool.

Our new friends from Holland.
    Attachment 5005

OK, this would NEVER happen at home, only in Aruba, it brings the best out of me.
    We dropped them off at the parking area at the top of the pool. We then proceeded to drive down to the pool as we got to the bottom, low and behold the park ranger is there, we took a left and headed to Daimari Beach, he followed for a while and we stopped at Daimari and finally got our feet wet there, what a beautiful place and the sand is like powder sugar.

Attachment 5006
    Attachment 5007
    We stayed for 15 minutes and figured we would head back towards the pool only to get run off by the ranger again, it must have been lunch time as he was gone. We stayed at the pool for about an hour and yes had some more Aruba Cheesesteaks, we exited the park in Santa Cruz and headed back towards the off road we re-entered the desert at the Nat Bridge and took it all the way to Arashi Beach and snorkeled from there to Catalina Cove and back, we the headed back to the resort, long day lots of territory covered. We are now at 305 miles.

Tomorrow maybe the same but throw in Baby Beach too.

That's awesome! I think Aruba generally brings out the best in most of us I'm sure they were very appreciative when they found out how much longer they had to go!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thanks for sharing

you are giving many a whole new view of aruba.

wonderful

dare i ask how many days left ?

Sadly enough, we leave tomorrow.

The trip's over but the memories will last a lifetime.

We hope that what we've provided was helpful for members, old and new.

158 days until Aruba 5.0!

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar

Day 10

Day 10

Went to the park today for the Natural Pool and entered a new way we never entered before, through the front gate. We're now official annual pass members, left our donation. Told them that although we paid, we still intend on sneaking in.

After the pool we drove to Catalina Cove. Did our usual walk over to Boca Catalina and snorkel back.

Correction to an earlier post, the photo we had named as Boca Daimari was, in fact, Boca Ketu:

Live from the other, more rugged side of Aruba-img_4323.jpgLive from the other, more rugged side of Aruba-img_4324.jpg

Thanks to all who followed. Hope everyone enjoyed. Our total miles were 349 miles. Summary to follow, with more pictures, after we get home.

Bon Nochi from Aruba ♥
    Last edited by LeaveTheKidsWithMom; 05-14-2016 at 08:31 AM. Reason: wrong mileage

Thanks for taking us along for a ride with you. You provided us with some great stories and terrific photos. I look forward to 5.0!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    You are leaving tomorrow? Oh, no!! Wished you could stay longer. I really enjoyed your trip tremendously! Great adventures, I learned a lot about the Arikok park and the bocas along the way. Thank you for sharing your stories and photos. It's been fun!

Aruba since 1979
    thank you so much for sharing your adventures

and you certainly did have adventures!!

safe and easy travels tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    Day 10

Went to the park today for the Natural Pool and entered a new way we never entered before, through the front gate. We're now official annual pass members, left our donation. Told them that although we paid, we still intend on sneaking in.

After the pool we drove to Catalina Cove. Did our usual walk over to Boca Catalina and snorkel back.

Correction to an earlier post, the photo we had named as Boca Daimari was, in fact, Boca Ketu:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4323.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	5011Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4324.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	5012

Thanks to all who followed. Hope everyone enjoyed. Our total miles were 249 miles. Summary to follow, with more pictures, after we get home.

Bon Nochi from Aruba ♥

Safe travels!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thanks for sharing! Safe flights!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast